Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire Pressure sensors

anthem

My XLR/V(s)
Sold a Blue 2004....Looking at a low mileage 2009
Tire pressures do not match pressures on the Dash Board. I got a message of low air pressure in the RIGHT front tire, but actually it was the LEFT rear tire that was low??? How do I resolve that?

I've been told that this is not a complicated issue to solve. My local garage told me that it can be fixed without removing the wheels... I'm bringing the car in next week. Perhaps someone here will provide a better answer, but in the meantime, I believe it's an easily "fixable" issue. James

you just need to do a reset .You can do it with a cheap reset tools from ebay or amazon or there are ways to do it without the tool but its more trouble than just buying the tool.

I just install all 4 wheels with new sensors, left front sensor battery was 1.5 volts after removing the old sensor should be 3v. It is a liitle work installing the tpms number 25758220 That is the GM part number OEM price for 1 is well over $100 I purchased mine at Amazon $32.99 all 4 and are the same. I was quoted from Firestone $110 per tire. The biggest amout of work is to bust the bead on the tire I used aneminry manuel bead buster and a inpact wrench for that job. You will need some wood of the like to keep the bead open while removing and installing. (warning do not drop the tpms into the tire that happen on one) I had to take it to my loacal shop to remove the tire from the rim, Big thanks to the guys at Firestone! Being to tired to complete the reprogram will be doing that today, using another tool from Amazon EL-50448 using your fob depress the lock and unlock buttons till the horn beeps twice then just go rf,rl, bl,br holding the tool to the side wall of the tire till the horn beep once at each locations. I set my tires at 30 psi (cold)

I can confirm great success with that tool too (EL-50448).
I had an idea the sequence is Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear?
I had to hold the pointy bit of the tool pointing at the TPMS, very close to each one. You get a double-beep after the last one to confirm success.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom