Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tire & Rim help

bloomsman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR
In order to avoid a head-on with a oncoming truck (Probably DUI):mad:. I had to steer hard left and scrapped my rims against a curb. I have always though since getting the XLR that I would replace the drive flat tires and get some nicer rims, I would like to hear what seems to be the best rims/tires some of you have purchased. Photos would be really helpful. Thanks in advance, John

In order to avoid a head-on with a oncoming truck (Probably DUI):mad:. I had to steer hard left and scrapped my rims against a curb. I have always though since getting the XLR that I would replace the drive flat tires and get some nicer rims, I would like to hear what seems to be the best rims/tires some of you have purchased. Photos would be really helpful. Thanks in advance, John

John,

I went with Corvette C6 rims on my '05 (black). I'm running Goodyear Eagle GT tires (I've always had pretty good luck with Goodyear tires on all my cars). The Eagle GT's have a nice "rim protection" ridge on the sidewall to protect your rims from curb rash. They are not run flats - I keep a can of Fix-a-flat in the trunk.

Glad you are OK.

Attachments

• Wheels001sm.jpg
    Wheels001sm.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Wheels002sm.jpg
    Wheels002sm.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 363
You loved the car when you purchased it OEM perhaps you should stay with it as such. Just my opinion.

I went with the Corvette Z06 chrome wheels from American Wheel Replicas at about $200.00 ea. with OEM Michelin Run Flats. The wheels fit perfect and had no issues with the TPMS units (btw Fix A Flat or comparable will kill your TPMS units).
:cool:

I changed over to 20" rims x 8.5 all the way around. The rim is from http://www.blaquediamond.com/ the offset and the bolt pattern is correct for the XLR. I am running Yokohama S-Drives.

This car pictures is my 2005 and I am trading for a 2008 this weekend same Light Platinum so I will just change the rims and tires over. I just put the OEM back on and I swear it feels like I am driving a marshmallow in comparison.

Sully

A vendor here, LA Tire & Wheel has great prices on OE wheels. Maybe bump up to V wheels, or the optional 15 spoke wheel. I'm running stock Goodyear runflats, but Michelin makes a great tire too.
Bruce

I found this site which I may have seen on here but dont remember. This site has both Wheels or Wheels and Tires. If you choose the Wheels and Tires they ship free and they come mounted and balanced. Wheels by themselves ship free also. They do not show the V but you can call because I am sure they will fit the V. Their are 25 different Wheels shown on the page with 15 pages to choose from. Its pretty incredible site just looking at what is available for your car. They also show the maximum Wheel (that will fit) you can buy for your car which is 20". Its a lot of fun just seeing whats available and I wanted to share it with all of you.:D BTW you can get these for just about any car they have a very large index of different Makes and Models.

WWW.Wheelsnext.com

Speedway;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry