Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Tire ware

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
I meant to write "tire WEAR" My 2007 with 31,000 miles needs new tires... what is odd: The inside tread on three of the four tires has more wear than the other outer sections of the tire "footprint," as if I were driving the car around corners at excessive speeds or acceleration-- which is not the case. I bit more context--- apparently the tires were manufactured in 2006, so they must be original with the car. Any thoughts James

Last edited:
Tires should be replaced every ten years. The tires get hard from heat cycling and deteriorate internally leaving you and everyone on the road at risk.

Tires should be replaced every ten years. The tires get hard from heat cycling and deteriorate internally leaving you and everyone on the road at risk.
I have never heard that tires should be replaced every 10 years. I would think 5 or 6. You also live in a hot area and tires get damaged with all the sun. My tires are about 3 years old and I am thinking of changing them in a couple of years.
John F.

Tires are one of the most important components of your vehicle, whether it is used everyday, or even if you car is a collector and/or a garage queen! Always makes sure your tires are up to date and have the correct tire inflation before getting on the road. The life you save, may be your own!

I drive over 40,000+ miles or more per year for my job and always make sure I have good tires. With new and properly inflated tires I know I am keeping myself and others safe. You should too!

I really miss the days when you could buy good used recaps when you needed tires.. They used to install them and finance them for me at 5$ a week.

When I was growing up, my dad ran an Humble/Enco/Exxon station. I had my pick of all the trade in tires.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom