Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Tires

BadGawfer

My XLR/V(s)
2009 xlr-v
Looking for advice on tire replacement for my V. I put 3-4 thousand miles per year on the car, in Florida so i don't need an all weather tire and I'm not particularly interested in a cushy Buick type of ride. Suggestions please.

I decided on the Pirelli P Zero Rosso. I really wanted Bridgestones (when I lived up north I always put on Blizzaks from November thru March and NEVER got stuck) but they don't carry the proper size for the rears in a summer tire. But the Rossos feel good on the car, that's all you can ask for, and for what they cost they should.

Last edited:
Not a lot available in matching tires in the proper sizes for the V. Forget run flats, I don’t think anything is available. I ran Nexens last time as they were reasonably priced, but Jack Williams is having a hard time finding a set this time. Haven’t looked very far yet. Let us know what you go with.

I'll also be interested to hear the suggestions. I've been buying tires from The Tire Rack (they're local to me) for three decades, and I always use them as a major part of my research.

Access Denied

They only offer one option, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso.

Access Denied

My '08 has P-Zero Nero all-season, but they don't come in the correct size for the front, so the previous owner bought 245/45ZR19 instead of 235/45ZR19. I don't know if that really matters, but I don't like the scrubbing / hopping I have in tight, slow turns. Until I find someone else with the correct tires on his or her car I can try, I won't know if the different tire width is influencing that or not. I got caught in high winds and hard rain for HOURS and HOURS on a road trip and was very impressed with the performance, unlike the owner comments on this tire on Tire Rack's site.

Looking for advice on tire replacement for my V. I put 3-4 thousand miles per year on the car, in Florida so i don't need an all weather tire and I'm not particularly interested in a cushy Buick type of ride. Suggestions please.

I just put Michelin Pilot on my base. a couple months ago. I told the tire sales guy I don’t really race he recommended those tires. He also told me be glad you don’t have a vette because you can’t rotate those tires. Don’t know if this was a ploy or not. But I’m satisfied with the ride quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll also be interested to hear the suggestions. I've been buying tires from The Tire Rack (they're local to me) for three decades, and I always use them as a major part of my research.

Access Denied

They only offer one option, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso.

Access Denied

My '08 has P-Zero Nero all-season, but they don't come in the correct size for the front, so the previous owner bought 245/45ZR19 instead of 235/45ZR19. I don't know if that really matters, but I don't like the scrubbing / hopping I have in tight, slow turns. Until I find someone else with the correct tires on his or her car I can try, I won't know if the different tire width is influencing that or not. I got caught in high winds and hard rain for HOURS and HOURS on a road trip and was very impressed with the performance, unlike the owner comments on this tire on Tire Rack's site.

I have Michelin Pilot on mine and don’t feel any bounce or problems with these tires. I went to tire Kingdom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Fireduck stated, not many options for the V on runflats. You can however put the same size tire front and rear, as the rims are all the same size and you’ll be able to rotate the tires. Before I sold my V, I put a set of non run flat Continental Extreme DWS all season and was very happy with them. I have them on my daily driver Explorer Sport too.

Hawkeye, the Vettes have different size tires front to rear, but typically don’t have long lasting tires on them anyway. Mine originally came with Michelin Super Sport Cup 2 tires, which are basically a track tire that are legal for the road. I’ll be lucky to get 10,000 miles on them. I bought another set of rims and put an all season high performance tire on, even thought it won’t be driven in the winter. I can also rotate them side to side, but not front to rear.

thanks for this post. I have always liked the 09 V wheels and found a really cheap set I was going to buy.. When I looked at 19" tires In the correct size I was shocked at the few offered and the high cost., I was able to buy new after market 20's with much better tires for less than 19" tires alone cost.

I just installed run flat Pirelli on the rear ( 255/40/R19 96w ) purchased through Tire Rack. Upon doing so i decided to change the fronts . Oh, what a awakening - I too have discoverd that after talking to a Pirelli rep . they no longer make that size tire. Now the search begins. I was told other tire manufactures make a run flat tire - I'm not a fan for mixing different tread patterns. However, I'd try another if the size is correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Rayzor

I just installed run flat Pirelli on the rear ( 255/40/R19 96w ) purchased through Tire Rack. Upon doing so i decided to change the fronts . Oh, what a awakening - I too have discoverd that after talking to a Pirelli rep . they no longer make that size tire. Now the search begins. I was told other tire manufactures make a run flat tire - I'm not a fan for mixing different tread patterns. However, I'd try another if the size is correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Rayzor

My recommendation would be 225/45R19. The Pirelli run flat comes in that size. it will lower the front by 0.15" and be 0.4" narrower compared to stock. Another option is the 245/45 I have on mine, but that raises the front by 0.2" and is 0.3" wider. Either would be fine.

who would have thought that with all the parts the car cannot get that tires would also be an issue. Almost like my old truck that ran 14" I bought 16 rims and tires for what 14" tires cost . just amazing .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom