Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

TONIGHT: Ultimate Factories: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Featured on National Geographic

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
This week's show stops at the Chevy factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where production of the 2010 Corvette Z06 takes place. Be sure to tune in on Thursday, October 29th, at 8PM ET/PT.

This week's show stops at the Chevy factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where production of the 2010 Corvette Z06 takes place. Be sure to tune in on Thursday, October 29th, at 8PM ET/PT.

Devin & I only caught the last 20 minutes... looked very cool. I'm gonna see if it is on again, or see if ON DEMAND will have it.

Devin & I only caught the last 20 minutes... looked very cool. I'm gonna see if it is on again, or see if ON DEMAND will have it.

We'll have to plan a trip down to BG so that you and Devin can see them being built in person.:patriot:

I recorded it last night, as I was watching something else. I believe it is on again, I'll check tonight and post it for you.

I watched the entire showing and was extremely impressed with what they do to bring this car to life. There is no doubt in my mind that this is "THE CAR" and no others currently being made can even imagine approaching it in performance, tecnology, and appearance. This is one unbelievable car for the money. Whats goes into building this car was amazing to me each engine is hand made the frame was astounding the workmanship and dedication of the factory personnel was second to none. There pride was so prevalent throughout the building. The Corvette offers more for a third of what you would pay for another sports car in its class. I guess you all can tell I am a "DEVOTED VETTE OWNER. WOW "What a fantastic automobile". STUNNING!!!!!!!:willy_nilly::rocker::cool:;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:

We'll have to plan a trip down to BG so that you and Devin can see them being built in person.:patriot:

We'd love that. Devin and I toured the plant back in 2003 (as they were just starting to build the XLR); we stopped on our way to Florida. But Devin is a lot more into cars now and I know he'd appreciate the tour more now (he was only 6 yo at the time). And we never even got a chance to visit the Corvette Museum... so I'd love to see that too.

Pick a date and we'll be there (I have to plan time off around the end or beginning of the month for work - middle of any given month works best for me).

Dave,

National Geographic channel is replaying the show on Sunday, Nov. 1 at 1:00AM and again on Thursday, Nov. 5 at 4:00PM. These are all Central Standard Time. Hope you get a chance to watch it or record it for later.

We'd love that. Devin and I toured the plant back in 2003 (as they were just starting to build the XLR); we stopped on our way to Florida. But Devin is a lot more into cars now and I know he'd appreciate the tour more now (he was only 6 yo at the time). And we never even got a chance to visit the Corvette Museum... so I'd love to see that too.

Pick a date and we'll be there (I have to plan time off around the end or beginning of the month for work - middle of any given month works best for me).

Sounds like a winter drive!

Dave,

National Geographic channel is replaying the show on Sunday, Nov. 1 at 1:00AM and again on Thursday, Nov. 5 at 4:00PM. These are all Central Standard Time. Hope you get a chance to watch it or record it for later.

Great, Cubby. I'll set my dvr now. I appreciate the info.

I am right there with you...

I watched the entire showing and was extremely impressed with what they do to bring this car to life. There is no doubt in my mind that this is "THE CAR" and no others currently being made can even imagine approaching it in performance, tecnology, and appearance. This is one unbelievable car for the money. Whats goes into building this car was amazing to me each engine is hand made the frame was astounding the workmanship and dedication of the factory personnel was second to none. There pride was so prevalent throughout the building. The Corvette offers more for a third of what you would pay for another sports car in its class. I guess you all can tell I am a "DEVOTED VETTE OWNER. WOW "What a fantastic automobile". STUNNING!!!!!!!:willy_nilly::rocker::cool:;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave::wave:
I didn't get to see the show, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are great cars, so much fun to drive...and so beautiful, can you tell I love them? I also love the XLR's and it breaks my heart that they stopped production...someone was dumb there....let's face it, not everyone in America wants to drive nano cars, me for 1...at least we deserve the right to make the choice..
have a great day!
Photo Mom

I didn't get to see the show, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are great cars, so much fun to drive...and so beautiful, can you tell I love them? I also love the XLR's and it breaks my heart that they stopped production...someone was dumb there....let's face it, not everyone in America wants to drive nano cars, me for 1...at least we deserve the right to make the choice..
have a great day!
Photo Mom
Great picture with your car with that background. Its on again Nov 5 on National geo if you have Direct TV that station is 276. Its worth watching. You have what I really want and I am so close to having a Z06.:cool: I love my vette and wouldnt give it up for nothing. I also agree with you GM should have kept the XLR. Sounds like you just got back from a great trip glad you enjoyed it some day we will meet each other you will have to give me a ride in your Z06.;) May all your days be fantastic and loaded with nothing but fun and happiness.:rocker:

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back