Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top 10 Automotive Failures

Looks like Lexus took the prize in that segment! More of them on there than any other brand. Appears they only evaluated Japanese & American brands - at a minimum I can think of some Jaguars that should be on there, bet there are other European models that qualify, so not sure what their measures are.

They were not very nice to the XLR's. I don't care what people that write these articles say, we sure enjoy our XLR. :(

I just FINALLY RETIRED!!! last week. Now everyday is Saturday!!

Around the end of September we plan on taking a trip from Oregon to Quebec, the south via Vermont, down to Boston then south to Conn and a visit with ex-submarine mates and my sister, and onto Washington DC for all of the sights they have, stopping along the way to see what ever we can as a full blown tourist, eating everything we can that we don't find here in Oregon. We plan on going to Disney World and what ever else they have there. I want to swim with the dolphins instead of wearing a couple for several years... you bubble heads know what I'm talking about. :patriot:

From Florida it's west via the coast to Texas, again eating as much as we can of sea food and other treasures. From Texas it's a right turn and back to Oregon. Maybe we'll get to try and swim in the Great Salt Lake.. that should be different. :jump:

Hopefully we'll be able to find Sandy, I owe her a couple of beers for the help she gave us. If she's not in Quebec at that time, we'll skip that area and just hit Vermont. Canada isn't very fond of hand guns. :nono: Maybe we'll find her in Florida. :dunno:

That's a 6100+ mile trip. Anyone got any XLR get togethers going on around that time of year? Chicago?? Being Polish we HAVE to stop in and have some real Polish food that I have not had since I was a kid, 60+ years ago. Man I can't get my head around those numbers. :spin:

The Corvette Funfest in Effingham, IL is September 17-20 this year. They have been inviting our Midwest XLR group the last few years. Haven't heard from our local resident, rleonard what the plans are for this year. It's not in Chicago, but it's a great time!!

They were not very nice to the XLR's. I don't care what people that write these articles say, we sure enjoy our XLR. :(

I just FINALLY RETIRED!!! last week. Now everyday is Saturday!!

Around the end of September we plan on taking a trip from Oregon to Quebec, the south via Vermont, down to Boston then south to Conn and a visit with ex-submarine mates and my sister, and onto Washington DC for all of the sights they have, stopping along the way to see what ever we can as a full blown tourist, eating everything we can that we don't find here in Oregon. We plan on going to Disney World and what ever else they have there. I want to swim with the dolphins instead of wearing a couple for several years... you bubble heads know what I'm talking about. :patriot:

From Florida it's west via the coast to Texas, again eating as much as we can of sea food and other treasures. From Texas it's a right turn and back to Oregon. Maybe we'll get to try and swim in the Great Salt Lake.. that should be different. :jump:

Hopefully we'll be able to find Sandy, I owe her a couple of beers for the help she gave us. If she's not in Quebec at that time, we'll skip that area and just hit Vermont. Canada isn't very fond of hand guns. :nono: Maybe we'll find her in Florida. :dunno:

That's a 6100+ mile trip. Anyone got any XLR get togethers going on around that time of year? Chicago?? Being Polish we HAVE to stop in and have some real Polish food that I have not had since I was a kid, 60+ years ago. Man I can't get my head around those numbers. :spin:

Well..... Our "X's" made the list, good or bad.

Top 10 Automotive Failures of the Last 15 Years

I assume then that they rated the SL 500 more highly. I looked at that machine and bought the XLR. The Germanic ruthless efficiency of the SL makes it sooooo boring. OK, there is somewhere to put a bag, the trunk isn't full when the roof is stowed, even the sun visor things have a little home to fit into but the SL, for me is soulless. The XLR has character. Anyway it also misses the point of the XLR which as a halo car was to generate footfall to the showroom and launch Cadillac's new styling. Hardly a failure on that count.

Sad day

I'm sad to see this list, both my vehicles are on the list! I have an XLR (of course) and the #1 on the list Nissan Murano Crosscabriolet.

I think they where stretching to find problems with it other than "it didn't sell very well".

Compared to cars of the era, it really wasn't the technological dog they tried to make it out to be.

Who had adaptive cruise control and HUD and ride compensating shocks?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom