Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top position to install rear window film

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Someone replied to me a couple of months ago, about making it easier to window install film on the rear window, by making the new piece on the outside rear window, and then putting the top in a "partial down position" to install it on the inside of that rear window.

Would that person, or anyone that knows, be so kind as to tell me the "EXACT" position to put the top in to do that? 1/4way down, 1/3 way down 1/2 way down, etc., etc.

That top I'm told is heavy, and I don't want to damage anything by putting it in a position that would damage anything.
icon9.gif

rexter 314 told me how to do a month or so ago; I found the answer he gave, I HAD printed it out and miss placed it- but I FOUND It!!! 'Thank You Lord!!!

I don’t know the best stopping point for tinting, but I have found that I have a 13” umbrella that fits perfect to hold the top at this point in the picture. I just lay it down right in the center against the back lip of trunk carpet (See picture) and run the top open until it stop in that position! It’s a great stopping point for cleaning the window too, especially since I have a WindRestritor installed on mine. I’ve use this method to display at Car Shows also, since mine seems to not hold at that point and tends to drifts forward closed or backwards into the trunk! Hope this helps!
49a8195522783cf266361479c73efd29.jpg
667802b2bd623e613301565387e663b1.jpg
3823fd2bb1c04f77b82172773f5a9bc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics