Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top problem solved!

stormshadow71

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr
Hello all! I have posted awhile back on here with problems with folding top. After replacing all 3 potentiometers and the folding top module(which the A-holes at Crestmont Cadillac said was bad), I had no luck. I hooked up a tech 2 meter and kept getting a 1310 code, even though the folding top closed switch seemed to show was working correctly. I had a hard time finding the part# for the microswitch. I ended up ordering part#10317549...which was the passenger side strike plate with switch included. This is located above windshield header on passenger side. It was pretty easy to replace, as long as you have the manual to show you. The plate came with the switch wired to it as part of the piece. I replaced the part and YES! Finally after a long ordeal, the top works flawlessly. I can't believe that moron that is supposed to be XLR certified at dealer simply did not run a scan with tech 2 to see this from the start. Anyway, I hope this info helps out anyone else with top problems in future.

Hello all! I have posted awhile back on here with problems with folding top. After replacing all 3 potentiometers and the folding top module(which the A-holes at Crestmont Cadillac said was bad), I had no luck. I hooked up a tech 2 meter and kept getting a 1310 code, even though the folding top closed switch seemed to show was working correctly. I had a hard time finding the part# for the microswitch. I ended up ordering part#10317549...which was the passenger side strike plate with switch included. This is located above windshield header on passenger side. It was pretty easy to replace, as long as you have the manual to show you. The plate came with the switch wired to it as part of the piece. I replaced the part and YES! Finally after a long ordeal, the top works flawlessly. I can't believe that moron that is supposed to be XLR certified at dealer simply did not run a scan with tech 2 to see this from the start. Anyway, I hope this info helps out anyone else with top problems in future.

Well done and good job!! now Crestmont needs to refund you some money! but good luck with that? either way she's back up and running.:) Al

Well done and good job!! now Crestmont needs to refund you some money! but good luck with that? either way she's back up and running.:) Al

A steelership refund money? Now THAT'S Funny! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hello all! I have posted awhile back on here with problems with folding top. After replacing all 3 potentiometers and the folding top module(which the A-holes at Crestmont Cadillac said was bad), I had no luck. I hooked up a tech 2 meter and kept getting a 1310 code, even though the folding top closed switch seemed to show was working correctly.

Did you buy the tech 2, or find someone that has one? I need to get serious about finding and owning a tech 2 now, already have the books.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom