Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top problems

EdM

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
I had the windshield replaced on my 2005 XLR and after I got it home the trunk wouldn't open, the top would not go up, and the windows would not roll all the way up. After 2 days the battery was completely drained. Is there wiring around the windshield that could get nicked and/or shorted out that would cause this?

if your battery was dead i n2 days I would say the glass company kept the doors open for a long time with the top down and switch on to replace the winshield .A full charge on the battery will most likely fix the problem. Who did the windshield? safelite?

Good there are a few left .Gm says about 4 left but safelite says they have 25-30 that they make and then thats it unless someone makes more .

Work going on with the house prevented me from addressing this issue until yesterday. Took the battery out (the previous owner had put one in shortly before I bought the car so it was less than a year old) and had AutoZone check it. It was completely discharged, They were able to get it to take a full charge. Put it in today, top went down, went back up, trunk closes and opens properly, windows roll up. Alternator gauge showing approx. 14 volts. Looks like your assessment was spot on mickeytee. Hopefully no troubles from here on out. Thanks for the advice!

great to hear. these tops and other electrical items on the car seem to be power robbers and need a full battery to work.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom