Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk open button in deck lid inop

rreggie

My XLR/V(s)
Happy thanksgiving every one!
Dose any one have any ideas why I cant get the trunk to open from the button on the deck lid(trunk) ion my2006 XLR? Is this a security thing in terms of some type of setting Im not aware of? it worked fine did a few month ago now its inop from the button in the deck lid Thanks Reggie

Happy thanksgiving every one!
Dose any one have any ideas why I cant get the trunk to open from the button on the deck lid(trunk) ion my2006 XLR? Is this a security thing in terms of some type of setting Im not aware of? it worked fine did a few month ago now its inop from the button in the deck lid Thanks Reggie

Had the same issue this morning on my XLR. Replaced the CR2032 FOB battery and fixed the issue. Have a good Thanksgiving.

More detailed symptom elaboration would make troubleshooting this problem remotely easier. A number of similar posts are available here.

1. Does the folding top operate normally from the center console switch?
2. Does the folding top rear decklid raise with the dash-mounted switch?
3. Does the rear decklid move or start the pump at all when the rear switch is depressed?
4. When the rear decklid is raised, does the close switch operate?

You can try cycling the top several times from the center console to reset the rear switch. If that doesn't do anything, a re-learn might help, but if you answer Yes to questions 1, 2 & 4, and No to question 3, that points more to a bad switch pad. Luckily, they're cheap and easy to replace.

CC :wave:

Hi..had a similar problem ...try pushing the open button on FOB twice
..worked for me ..told by my mechanic.
Hope it helps..J

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Trunk lid Open from rear

Hi..had a similar problem ...try pushing the open button on FOB twice
..worked for me ..told by my mechanic.
Hope it helps..J

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Hitting the FOB twice works

While a nice work-around, there's still a problem there as the switch is supposed to work.

deck lid open switch

While a nice work-around, there's still a problem there as the switch is supposed to work.

Well it seemed to work from the rear switch a couple days ago. I went to try it today and it didn't work agian. I put the XLR in storage today (frist snow of the year here in Wi ) I will get back to this in spring. Frist thing I will do is change the FOB battery and take it from there. Time will tell I guess .But you think its a button problem @ the deck lid

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom