Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk opens when door key pad is touched.

redsoxdad2

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
My trunk opens when i activate any electrical device. So far it doesn't open when i am driving. Has anyone had this happen?:dunno:

No, that's a first here.

Activation of any electrical device, is a bit vague and generalized.

Turn signals? Infotainment? Vanity mirror lighting? If it happens when operating door switches only (as the title implies) please read on. . .

The RCDLR module authorizes the doors to open if a fob is within range. It also permits the rear decklid to raise. Since it is common to your problem, I would suspect it being faulty first, before moving on during troubleshooting. You will need a dealer to scan the module, and observe its status while the fault is active. They can replace as necessary and re-program it to match your fobs.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
Try checking the trunk release button on the lower part of the dash, to see if it's popped back up all the way. When mine got stuck down a little sideways, the trunk would open every time I opened the driver door. :dunno: Sheer luck that I figured out the button was the problem. Now I ONLY use the fob to open the trunk.

Trunk release button.

Try checking the trunk release button on the lower part of the dash, to see if it's popped back up all the way. When mine got stuck down a little sideways, the trunk would open every time I opened the driver door. :dunno: Sheer luck that I figured out the button was the problem. Now I ONLY use the fob to open the trunk.
Thank You i never thought of that i will check that for sure.:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom