Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk rubbing

After taking this pic and examine more. It look like I had a space. So I went back out and opened trunk. This time drivers side has standing water. ;(. So raced back down and the salesperson said Zurich will pay if the cylinder shorts out. So the bad thing is if I can't get in a covered garage or car port then I'm screwed. I'll try and back it into a carport that I know doesn't have a owner in. He only comes down every couple months. So hopefully Monday I can bring it back down and the original tech will diagnosis the problem. They mare sucking the standing water out as I type this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to look into a waterproof cover to keep around for when you can't garage it - better safe than sorry - & water in the driver side as you know from the forum is bad news!

Yes I know water in driver side is bad news. I've heard that a number of times. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to bring it back in the garage.
But thanks for the advice. Much appreciated

Ok update on this update. Just got a call from the service guy. The whole trunk is being resealed. With all new weatherstripping or sealer. So they will order the part and call me when it's done. They'll hopefully keep it in the garage and hoping the carpet will be replaced. Because the other day I felt wetness. The price the service guy quoted was $1100. I don't know about what I already paid for the right side. But all I know is I hope this will finally put THIS problem behind me now. I hope.

Ok I hope this is the last time for this problem. Interrior trim work for water leak into trunk. The description is replace weatherstripping back window. The cost Interrior trim work $239.90. I guess this is labor. Is this a part number. 88956610 f-s weatherstrip. $783.30. Shop fee $14.54 sales tax $62.26. A grand total of $1100.00
y2usy4av.jpg
a7eby3ud.jpg

Well, had to take her back. Same problem. Guess the people didn't get it right. + I told the service guy to have his people put the drain plug back in the cylinder well and put the cover back on that was shoved underneath the carpet. I told them on the day I dropped it off when he called to let me know the part was in. Now today (sat 15th) we had a heavy rainstorm during the early morning. I went out to check (for my own eyes) and low and behold the 5 letter word that will cause havoc (water). So I rushed her back down because it rain of standing water was in the cylinder side. I told them that I don't want the same repair guy working on it this time. They agreed. So they brought it in the garage and will find/work on her Monday.

These service guys are dummies Ok here's the scoop on my xlr. These guys are dips. They thought the weatherstrip was self sealing. So they will again water test the trunk and hopefully I will have the car back tomorrow. Cross fingers this will be the last time for this problem again.

Last edited:
These service guys are dummies Ok here's the scoop on my xlr. These guys are dips. They thought the weatherstrip was self sealing. So they will again water test the trunk and hopefully I will have the car back tomorrow. Cross fingers this will be the last time for this problem again.

got both hands xed for ya,I feel your pain.good luck

Thanks

Hate to report this but with Wendy having her new job it seems we can not attend because she has no vacation to get off and attend. And yes it really sucks that she had 6 weeks plus sick days before they decide to close down the Hanover PA facility. I guess this is called LIFE! So just LIVE with it!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I guess this is called LIFE! So just LIVE with it!
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yep... I understand 100% with your post. I guess when life throws you lemons, about all you can do is make lemonade...

Or lemon drops... Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Did they finally fix the water leak?

I know this is an old post but I have the same problem with water in the trunk. I had no luck with the TSB solution. Did the dealer finally get yours fixed? Thanks

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom