Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

TRUNK TOUCH PAD

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
HII all. I changed the Touch Pads on both doors and it was a simple job.....Is replacing the Touch Pad on the Trunk as simple to do or does the inner liner have to be removed to make the pin connection ?
Is the part number the same as the Door Pads ?
As usual..always appreciate the imput

I replaced one door pad and, upon seeing how easy it was to clean the contacts, just repaired my other touch pad. Sorry I can't answer your trunk pad question a I haven't dealt with it. I look forward to seeing how difficult it is.

Yes, the liner has to be removed. I just had mine apart installing a backup camera. It is pretty simple to do, but more than half of the press-in rivets on mine had become brittle and shattered instead of disengaging. They are a standard size, though and I bought them as part of a kit from Amazon. The harder part was getting the trunk-closure button to come out. It has tabs on each side that need to be compressed for it to come out. Be gentle when you drop the liner down, it has wires glued to it so it needs to be supported, or the wires unplugged.

The lid release switch is 10322831

Yes, the liner has to be removed. I just had mine apart installing a backup camera. It is pretty simple to do, but more than half of the press-in rivets on mine had become brittle and shattered instead of disengaging. They are a standard size, though and I bought them as part of a kit from Amazon. The harder part was getting the trunk-closure button to come out. It has tabs on each side that need to be compressed for it to come out. Be gentle when you drop the liner down, it has wires glued to it so it needs to be supported, or the wires unplugged.

The lid release switch is 10322831
You might find it helpful to have a second person when taking the liner out, while not heavy it is surprisingly large.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom