Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

trunk wont close

2004XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2004 black XLR
my trunk wont close after its opened but if i open and close the top the trunk will close do you think its the switch on the trunk lid ???

my trunk wont close after its opened but if i open and close the top the trunk will close do you think its the switch on the trunk lid ???

My 05 did the same thing intermittantly on two separate occasions. It was a position sensor. For the most recent occasion about a month ago, the dealer actually had the sensors in stock. :eek: That was a first for any dealer I have used, not having to wait at least a week for them to arrive.

They ordered a speaker grill cover for the driver door for me last August (2009). It is still not available.

ok I found out it was a blown fuse because the trunk button and the parkbrake solinoid are on the same circuit I need a prarkbrake solinoid does anyone know were I can get one the dealer said backorderd so any help would be great

What's the part number... I'm able to check stock on several dealers around the country.

I just fixed the exact same problem on my car last night. The top would extend and retract normally, no DTCs were displayed on my Tech 2, and the switch would just "bump" the rear deck lid closed a tiny bit each time. I pulled the switch to test it, cycled it a few times and it tested good on my multi-meter. I re-installed it and the rear deck lid worked fine. Could have been the switch contacts or a connector re-seat issue. Luckily, it's an inexpensive part if you need to replace it.

Man, are these cars going to be interesting in about ten years. I'm already stocking up on position sensors and limit switches!

CC :wave:

Trunk lock right side

Service Writer just phoned me, they are replacing the whatever it is that locks the trunk down on the right side and unlocks the drivers door. Also replacing the guts in the differential as after two fluid changes I am still getting the clunking noise and bumpitee de bump bump bump when pulling into and out of parking spaces. Should be like brand new next Monday. All the trips in the XLR are over for this year. Will take the new DTS to Illinois next month. I have almost 150 miles on it and the ash tray is only half full. :):):)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom