Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tuning

Cadiblk

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black Raven XLR
Has anyone had success with altering the tuning of their XLR? I have read posts from several that have had tunes done after adding air intakes, exhaust etc. Was the tune beneficial? Did it result in more horsepower or did it just prevent the car from throwing codes?

Lastly, would you recommend your tuner and what did they charge?

Thanks

Has anyone had success with altering the tuning of their XLR? I have read posts from several that have had tunes done after adding air intakes, exhaust etc. Was the tune beneficial? Did it result in more horsepower or did it just prevent the car from throwing codes?

Lastly, would you recommend your tuner and what did they charge?

Thanks

I'm a firm believer in having a tuner to get the most out of your mods. (Then again, my mods are extreme). Yes a knowledgeable tuner can eliminate codes being set, but can also modify the computer programming, fuel tables, AFR settings, etc. so your motor gets the full benefit from your mods.

Picking a tuner is a lot like picking a mechanic - your mileage may vary. ;) I researched all the available big HP Cadillac tuners within 400 miles. And must admit the one I chose is probably most knowledgeable, but also the busiest. Since what I wanted was small potatoes compared to much of what he normally does, I was overwhelmed at how quickly he tuned my V. He also recommended several additional mods for increased HP and safety as well as fabricated, installed and tested other enhancements.

Was it beneficial? My bolt-on mods yielded 430RWHP/479TQ at 4900RPM, but it was unsafe or should I say, dangerous. The motor was way too lean over 5000 RPM and the computer couldn't compensate. My tuner added bigger injectors and a bigger intercooler pump and tuned it to 501RWHP/486TQ with plenty of safety margin. That's 70RWHP (16%) more from having a good tuner and I know its safe to drive.

So far from here to Indy to Charleston, SC and back through the Tail of the Dragon to autocross in Indy and home - no problems, not even a hiccup. I never would have trusted these mods on that kind of a road trip without a tuner to let me know it was safe.

Would I recommend Jesse, hell yes! What did he charge? A lot less than I was willing to pay. But be prepared to wait... and wait... and...
No wonder his shop is called Wait4Me Tune. The wait was well worth it, though.

Thanks. Do you have that many Cadillac specific tuners in your area?
I have been looking and cannot find any. There are a few tuners in the Sacramento area, but they are not Cadillac specific.

Tune"s

I purchased a wait for me tune and my experience was horible. After a week of back and forth he still could not get it to work! Not even to start the car I finely got ahold of the guys at SCT and they were able to get only one of the tunes to work (said he left out a key part of the factory alarm) Shifts were lousy and unpredictible So back to stock Now i have a high dollor paper weight. Sooo i learnd my leson Pick some one close and do some reaserch about there Knowledge Personaly i think these cars are way over his head ! Or maybe i was a test bed . But if you insist on a wait 4 me tune I have one for sale LOL ! 2006 xlr-V

I purchased a wait for me tune and my experience was horible. After a week of back and forth he still could not get it to work! Not even to start the car I finely got ahold of the guys at SCT and they were able to get only one of the tunes to work (said he left out a key part of the factory alarm) Shifts were lousy and unpredictible So back to stock Now i have a high dollor paper weight. Sooo i learnd my leson Pick some one close and do some reaserch about there Knowledge Personaly i think these cars are way over his head ! Or maybe i was a test bed . But if you insist on a wait 4 me tune I have one for sale LOL ! 2006 xlr-V

When did he do yours? He said he'd done one before mine, but I thought it was in the shop not a mail-in tune.

I purchased mine about August 2009 He also insisted that these cars had a factory remote start and didnt know why i didnt already know this. To MY knowledge ( I could be wrong ) no XLR came with a factory remote start. Does yours ? But i dont PRETEND to know about the inner workings of these cars computors either. I forget what i paid for it and even though im not cheap when it comes to my vehicles iWAS lured in by a (so called ) better deal. Remember the old saying you get what you pay for ? Well i wish i even got that !

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom