Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

UNAVAILABLE DISCONTINUED PARTS

It's time we as XLR owners get together as ONE to confront Mary Barra, CEO of GM. As many of you are finding out we are not able to buy parts for our XLR'S. This happened when my car was only 8 years old, and I'm sure others have the same story. I just got off the phone with LaWanda at the GM executive office and was basically told in certain terms, SORRY..BULL****, I will not take sorry or no for an answer, an neither should you. My needed part is the famous Drivers Side Headlamp Assembly. There is one on ebay that a guy is very proud of, because he wants $5000.00 for it, and he is laughing about it, saying " I have the only OEM one in the world ". You may not be affected by this problem yet, but if you keep your XLR, you will. So I think now is the time we get together to fight this problem. If anyone has a solution to my problem, other than selling the car, I would love to hear from you. In any case I think we should get together as one to show her this is not an isolated case. Feel free to call me at 704-425-7654. Thank you for your time....... Jim Wagner 2008 Cadillac XLR Platinum.

I found out that buying an XLR is like buying a boat.
Happiest day of my life was driving our 2006 XLR off the dealer's lot in 2015. The second happiest day of my life was watching the buyer of my 2006 XLR drive off with it. GM/Cadillac will never start up a parts line for these cars, no matter what you may think.

It's time we as XLR owners get together as ONE to confront Mary Barra, CEO of GM. As many of you are finding out we are not able to buy parts for our XLR'S. This happened when my car was only 8 years old, and I'm sure others have the same story. I just got off the phone with LaWanda at the GM executive office and was basically told in certain terms, SORRY..BULL****, I will not take sorry or no for an answer, an neither should you. My needed part is the famous Drivers Side Headlamp Assembly. There is one on ebay that a guy is very proud of, because he wants $5000.00 for it, and he is laughing about it, saying " I have the only OEM one in the world ". You may not be affected by this problem yet, but if you keep your XLR, you will. So I think now is the time we get together to fight this problem. If anyone has a solution to my problem, other than selling the car, I would love to hear from you. In any case I think we should get together as one to show her this is not an isolated case. Feel free to call me at 704-425-7654. Thank you for your time....... Jim Wagner 2008 Cadillac XLR Platinum.
Yes, it is a shame not to be able to fix/save some of these beauties. I have seen other makes of autos and dedicated clubs come up with as small as just 20 pieces of a obsolete part and make it work. The $'s spent and $'s returned ratio is affected by many things is the problem I would say. My 06 XLR was hit by a wild man a year ago . He tried to leave the scene and in a few short seconds I passed him and stopped in front and another witness had him stopped and pinned in on the side . I had posted a few items I needed and could not find NOS, and yes, one of the items was the lf h.lt. I had to fight it out with the other drivers ins. co who wanted to write the car off and pay me a lot less. This ins. co had some kind of a meeting and agreed to pay me $4500 vs $1100) and I got a $500 refund for a core return. I would not have paid this for the item out of my pocket, but I would have bought another low $ car just to get the part and sold the other parts to people needing them. At some point in time this may not be possible but at this time it is a quite feasible solution to this problem.

I too have a 2008 XLR. There are other Cadillac vehicles with 'similar' headlights. I think the only out is to have them fibreglassed in.
Perhaps somehow the factory in China that made the originals could be contacted.
Tail Light assy's too.
We are doomed it seems. Nobody Cares.
Can Computer Printing make these lenses?

Hi guys..
If anyone has the 3d measurements of the headlights I can try to contact some factories in China.. at least to make the housing lens.. the only problem is that they usually ask for a big number as a minimum quantity.. this is why it would be easier to make the housing lens without the rest..

Here in Saudi Arabia, some body shops can try to make a plastic lens as a replacement.. it works but after a year it starts to shade..

Last month my headlight was broken.. luckily I have a pair that I bought from a junkyard few years ago.. although XLRs here in Saudi are really really rare..

Good thinking on the spare pair! Someone could likely find out the name of the factory in China. It would take some digging, starting in Bowling Green or Detroit. I believe that trunk and tail lights are no longer available.
That along with many modules etc. No standard hoods, only the V hoods.
Might be a good time to sell but I like the vehicle so much.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom