Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

UPDATE [i guess its my turn 2004 TOP PROBLEM]

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr silver and a xlr-platinum 2008
well after trying my hand on a new vetronix tech 11 i bought last weekend and between figuring out how to use it and getting into the cars system and after buying a gm repair manual on line ,i tried my luck on RELEARN my car ,it didnt :bash:work ! but i learned how to manually fold and unfold my top million 1 times and manged to get my top to stop working all together lol , then able to relearn 3 out 5 relearn and that led me back to where i began before i spent bunch money on tech 11 and a whole day, i will be getting some more practice on using that as time goes along im sure, as far as my top goes i got lucky and had a service call on some shop doors [ i work on roll up doors and gates as my trade] at a local GM dealer who specialized in corvettes , i made a trade for them to fix my top and i fixed their door.GOOD trade :thumbsup , they were able to fix my top , GM has a service bulletin out on the micro switch for the front deck lid .when read with a tech 11 it throws a code saying the micro switch is stuck and nothing works pass that point, along with some door codes and new update and relearn my top is working once again:D it will be going to the new owner next week i sold it the other day after buying our 2008 xlr platinum . hope this updates help thanks for all suggestions, ON A second note my wife tells me she heard a rubbing sound coming from the 2008 today ? when she made a tight turn i have not had time to check it out thought i would throw that out to see if any one has had a similar noise ? thank you

May be the type of tire, I have installed an all season B. F Goodrich Tires and had noticed that too a few times on my 05. I’m not sure where it hits, but I think it’s coming from the type tire, being an all season, maybe thicker and wider on the corner of the edge of the tire, and could of also been the way the car was positioned on hill maybe, car not level, shifting the weight of the car or something odd like that!

that is what i was thinking as well ,there is not much room in the wheel wells for any forgiveness , so if car leans too much it will hit she was going around a round about and she most likley was in mario adredey mode aka -fast, thank you for the idea

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom