Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Update Issue

BusaMan

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR
Rob, I like the Registry, but there is an issue with updating. First, I typed in "Tim" (first name) and the Registry shows "Tom". I tried to just update the name, but had to re-enter the whole thing. I confirmed the entry of "Tim", and (once again) got "Tom".

There needs to be an easier update mechanism, where errors in the initial entry can be remedied, field by field. Also, the creative substitution of vowels ought to be addressed. FWIW

I don't have the information to determine manufacture date, etc. Can that not be automatically entered from the VIN?

Tim (BusaMan)

Rob, I like the Registry, but there is an issue with updating. First, I typed in "Tim" (first name) and the Registry shows "Tom". I tried to just update the name, but had to re-enter the whole thing. I confirmed the entry of "Tim", and (once again) got "Tom".

There needs to be an easier update mechanism, where errors in the initial entry can be remedied, field by field. Also, the creative substitution of vowels ought to be addressed. FWIW

I don't have the information to determine manufacture date, etc. Can that not be automatically entered from the VIN?

Tim (BusaMan)

Hi Tim,

Actually, that was my mistake. When you submit the information, the information is emailed to me and then I enter it directly into the database.

You didn't misspell your name. I did when I typed it in. Sorry about that. You should see it corrected now.

Not sure what you mean by "creative substitution of vowels"??

No, you can't determine the manufacture date from the VIN. The manufacture date can be found on a sticker that is on the inside of the driver's side door - I believe near the Built in Bowling Green sticker. I could be wrong about the location, but I believe that's where it is on the XLR.

I may have entered the wrong mfg date as I was using the date found under the trunk mat.

I may have entered the wrong mfg date as I was using the date found under the trunk mat.
Not a problem. If you find the correct date, just let me know and I'll update it.

The dropdown for color for my 2008 listed only two -- neither of them being red crystal claret

The dropdown for color for my 2008 listed only two -- neither of them being red crystal claret
Every color has two names. An engineering name and a marketing name. In your case, paint code 89U, Crystal Red Metallic is the correct choice. It is the same as Crystal Claret.

You're correct....it's a bug in the system. Let me fix it and I'll respond back here to let you know it's fixed....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom