Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Used parts with no warranty beware

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
if you are buying a used part from a vendor or ebay and the seller tells you some crazy story about how the part is perfect yet wont stand benhind it just move one. I have looked at parts that people claim are "tested" and in perfect workign order but even when yo utell them a dealer is going to install it they wont stand behind it .One large wholesale vendor on here does that all the time .If the ywont warranty a used part due to all sorts of excuses , look for a seller that will .you may pay 10-20% more but you will get a part that will work or someone with proof will give you a refund.

Yep. My brother-in-law bought a radiator with a "lifetime warranty". When it failed a year later, the seller was nowhere to be found.

I've been scammed this way with old Cadillac parts--- "Is tested and working before we send it to you." Quite often, you pay for what you get. With some electrical parts, exposure to cycling on and off, extreme temperature swings, and age usually correspond to "service life," so that your faulty part "ages out" as a consequence of time and use, just as the one you're buying on Ebay is nearly at the same "frail condition." Although sometimes I've "lucked out." and I've enjoyed that happy experience of simply having the item work for years. James

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom