Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Video: 2008 Cadillac XLR Godfather Roadster

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
  • This car was purchased new and transported to Palazzi Motorcars, who spent 4000 hours to give it this new amazing look. This is the first and the only XLR Godfather Conversion ever built !!! The XLR was purchased new for $85,610 and then was sent to Palazzi Motorcars for the conversion at an additional cost of $79,000. That's a total cost of $164,610 !!!

• Admin
So what do you think? A work of art, or an abomination? :chuckle

I really don't care for it BUT....

So what do you think? A work of art, or an abomination? :chuckle

BUT... Every car project has a place somewhere and I think this one is strictly car shows e.i World of wheels custom car show etc.

Last edited:
What a waste of a xlr, material,labor,and time,and money. You'll never get that 4,000hrs back:( And to top if off they've been trying to sell this p.o.s. for years less than a quarter of build cost.
Only 9k on the odometer someone didn't like to be seen in it:confused: waste of money

What a waste of time and money and an what was a beautiful XLR
I guess for the right price it could be worth something good for the XLR parts like drive train with that low of miles! I don't like it don't look right! Just Sayin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I agree. I don't like it

I'll bet...

What a waste of a xlr, material,labor,and time,and money. You'll never get that 4,000hrs back:( And to top if off they've been trying to sell this p.o.s. for years less than a quarter of build cost.
Only 9k on the odometer someone didn't like to be seen in it:confused: waste of money

I'd be willing to bet cash money that with only 9K on the odometer if they changed it back it would sell in half a heartbeat... true or false? :D

Probably cost more to get parts and time and trouble finding then what the hassle would be worth to do it. If they could even replace watch they changed back to original.

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'd be willing to bet cash money that with only 9K on the odometer if they changed it back it would sell in half a heartbeat... true or false? :D

No way false! I've seen that "thing" for sale going on three yrs. now. Who knows how long before I saw it? You know the saying theirs a seat for every a--hole. Well apparently the original one died and they've been trying to find another since. Scrap it!:dunno:

Last edited:
Not my cup of tea. Considering the added cost IMHO I would've tweaked the XLR into maybe a concept XLR or the the exterior. Going the route of the "God Father" is rather weak due to leaving the interior, roof, and the back end nearly untouched and from what I've seen it doesn't transfer so well using other cars too. The Corvette too was used for retro design and they too fail but at least it's a Corvette.

So, you don't think it would sell...

No way false! I've seen that "thing" for sale going on three yrs. now. Who knows how long before I saw it? You know the saying theirs a seat for every a--hole. Well apparently the original one died and they've been trying to find another since. Scrap it!:dunno:

So, you don't think it would sell if they changed it back into the original XLR package? I think it would sell immediately.

• This car was purchased new and transported to Palazzi Motorcars, who spent 4000 hours to give it this new amazing look. This is the first and the only XLR Godfather Conversion ever built !!! The XLR was purchased new for $85,610 and then was sent to Palazzi Motorcars for the conversion at an additional cost of $79,000. That's a total cost of $164,610 !!!

There are more than one "Godfather" XLR conversions languishing out there. They tend to sit, waiting for buyers. To me, this is the Frankenstein of XLRs, though I've seen a few others butchered by NFL players; one had orange dyed crocodile leather throughout. He claimed he put $80k into it and wanted around 30. Blech!

CC

I'm sorry but...

There are more than one "Godfather" XLR conversions languishing out there. They tend to sit, waiting for buyers. To me, this is the Frankenstein of XLRs, though I've seen a few others butchered by NFL players; one had orange dyed crocodile leather throughout. He claimed he put $80k into it and wanted around 30. Blech!

CC

After watching this video clip I think this might be THEE ugliest XLR I've seen to date.... It's hidious.

I'm going to say, False. IMHO to bring the car back to it's original OEM would cost bundle of money. Our headlights along cost $1k a piece and if the frame is hack upon look to spend a lot of ca$h and time (I would guess maybe 20k?) plus the price they're trying to sell it for and you're way over the price of low milage XLRV and I doubt likely they're selling it less than 35k. Heck, I've seen a low milage 2007 XLRV with less than 500 miles for 60k. :squint: If anything the car is a total lost and is only good for parts or someone with lots of time on their hand and has the missing parts.

Holy Mostaciolli!

That is stupendously stupid...morbidly misogynous...fantastically foul.

Design was obviously by Meg Ryan's plastic surgeon.

Just think how many starving children in China would like a Xenon Blue XLR and a box of Bit-O-Honeys.

And BTW...as an avid Jeopardy viewer for almost 50 years now I can honestly say that I have never seen a southern male contestant say "I'll take Shakespeare for $1,000 Alex."

I'm just glad they didn't destroy a V in the making of that mess.

what a waste of money. you would even have to step on the front exhaust pipes to chechk the oil or do any engine servicing. what were they thinking of?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom