Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

VolantAir Induction

X

XLR-Vette

Found a great induction system from Volant, removed front rubber flaps from behind the grill now I have Cool air forced in.

Bet you can feel the difference

Bet you can feel the difference down at sea level. I had the proto type of Volants, who is in Fontana put on my 06-V back in 06, and found the matting and removed it too.
Now go have it performance tuned and put it on a dyno with air fans in front.
Result on mine was 565 HP, first gear would wind out and bog, so we had to drop the shift points about 200k. shifts like a B&M Hydro now. I'm gonna get some numbers at the Fontana strip in SO CAL very soon.
D-3 Design who is right around the corner from me did my dyno and performance tune.
Found a great induction system from Volant, removed front rubber flaps from behind the grill now I have Cool air forced in.

Very nice... Bobo told me about this a while back and it's on my short list of future mods. I think I already know the answer to this question based on my experience with Corvette's over the years, but has anyone had problems with their powertrain warranty claims being denied based on this particular mod? I'm guessing that with only a couple thousand XLR-V's ever sold there probably isn't much history. Just curious if the Cadillac division is anymore lenient than the Corvette. I'm guessing they are probably the same.

I know when it comes to the Vette if you mod the powertrain in any way or just have it tuned, you can expect to have any future warranty claim on the engine or transmission denied.

First thing I did with my '04 was install the Corsa exhaust. I called my dealer and asked about potential warranty problems and they didn't seemed concerned with my 'upgrade". Different company, but I had an '04 Ford F150 Supercrew, that I had a Roush supercharger installed on--in fact the dealer did the work. No problems with any warranty work. I think if you give your dealer some 'other' work and become friendly with the staff it goes a long way to get things done when you need them to 'go to bat' for you in a sticky situation. Just my opinion:blinzel:

Very nice... Bobo told me about this a while back and it's on my short list of future mods. I think I already know the answer to this question based on my experience with Corvette's over the years, but has anyone had problems with their powertrain warranty claims being denied based on this particular mod? I'm guessing that with only a couple thousand XLR-V's ever sold there probably isn't much history. Just curious if the Cadillac division is anymore lenient than the Corvette. I'm guessing they are probably the same.

I know when it comes to the Vette if you mod the powertrain in any way or just have it tuned, you can expect to have any future warranty claim on the engine or transmission denied.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom