Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Volume goes up and down

beefsteak

The volume for the stereo goes up and down as we drive. I was told that it
might be due to a speed sensitive volume feature. Does the XLR-V have this
feature? How do I turn it off?

Thanks

Did you ever get any answers to this question? I have an '08 V and I'm seeing the same thing. On my Pontiac Solstice the speed sensitive volume works really well. When I slow down the volume drops and as I accelerate the volume goes up gradually so that the music is always loud enough to hear. On the VLR it's just kind of all over the place, and it seems to jump around while I'm driving at a constant speed.

Did you ever get any answers to this question? I have an '08 V and I'm seeing the same thing. On my Pontiac Solstice the speed sensitive volume works really well. When I slow down the volume drops and as I accelerate the volume goes up gradually so that the music is always loud enough to hear. On the VLR it's just kind of all over the place, and it seems to jump around while I'm driving at a constant speed.

I've got an 07 base and the speed sensitive volume works great... up when I step on the gas, down when I stop or slow down. The volume shouldn't jump around as you are driving, unless your speed is fluctuating quite a bit. Your XLR is probably under warranty, so I'd take it in to the dealer and have it checked out.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom