Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! WANTED.... Front License Bracket XLR

zipper

If anyone has a front license bracket laying around, I might be interested... For 2008 XLR.
Thanks In Advance
Brian

Check eBay (USA), I just purchased one about a month ago for my 2006 XLR for $30.00 it was a brand new OEM bracket. If memory serves he had 3 available, once I get home I will send or post a link to the vendor. My original one got cracked somehow, I painted the new one OEM body color....looks a lot better painted.

:cool:

Zipper, let me know if you are still looking for that front license plate holder
i may have one in the garage...i will check tonight

Thanks for responding. I would appreciate you looking up the vendor for me.
Thanks
Brian

Sorry for the late response, I contacted the vendor and unfortunately he sold the last one that he had. Hopefully Boilermaker has one for you, if not I will keep my eye open on eBay for one.

:cool:

I found the bracket, still in plastic.
Pennsylvania doesnt require front plates.
Now can anyone tell us if a 2009 bracket will fit a 2008 model year.

The part number of the plate is SKU17963 dated May 6, 2008

I found the bracket, still in plastic.
Pennsylvania doesnt require front plates.
Now can anyone tell us if a 2009 bracket will fit a 2008 model year.

The part number of the plate is SKU17963 dated May 6, 2008

The shape of the front faschia was changed in '09, so I don't believe an '08 bracket will fit an '09. The part number for the '08 bracket is actually 10376172; for an '09, the part number is 20755826. I would try GMpartsdirect.com for the '08 bracket.

I'm glad that NC does not require a front license plate.

If anyone has a front license bracket laying around, I might be interested... For 2008 XLR.
Thanks In Advance
Brian

I bought my XLR in PA - no front plate. Plate is required in Illinois, but I do not like the look of the plate on the front bumper cover. I purchased one of those "hiding" front plates - it flips down, out of view, when not needed. They are very popular with Corvettes.

Here is where I got mine from:

Specials Hide The Plate.com :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry