Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Water in Trunk

beaver_jd

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V
Does anyone know if the water leaking in the trunk was fixed in 07. I have had water in my 06 and I just want to know about the 07.
John F.

There was never a fix, but if you make sure the rubber hose under the pump, that drains out the underside on car, and never gets debris in that tube and stays clog free that is the answer to fixing the water problem! Water runs down an it’s going go where ever it finds a channel, it’s also best to check the trunks rubber seals and channels to keep them clear of debris, so water flows as designed and it follows the correct direction of flow. I cut the bottom tip of to help keep it open more the just the original slit in it.
8c3fa93b54d07fbda9dfe3089b7b760c.plist

Thanks
Caddy Dan using Tapatalk

07 only has a hole in the bottom, no hose to get clogged. Better option but not a true fix.

leaking trunk

John

There is a service bulletin made about this problem, 07-08-57-003, 8/14/2007.... make a search on this site or make also a search on google....there is a solution.

Good luck

IAN :wave:

I know there is a service bulletin on the leaking trunk but I thought I heard somewhere they solved the problem starting with the 07's.
John F.

Leaking top service bulletin

John.

The service bulletin ( i beleive ) when I read it was for the 2004/2009, it shows the supllier name, the part number of the item need and how to solve the leaking of all the XLR.

IAN :thumbsup

Hey

OK, here's a thought. Don't know why it is not the original design. Just remove the relay module from the floor of the well and reposition it to the side wall toward the center of the car, closer to the top edge. Used Gorilla faced adhesive double faced tape. Kind of gives it a fighting chance. Wiring moves OK and no worries.

Bill

While never having an issue with water leaking into the trunk, I did take a preventative measure of storing a large pile of cleaning, microfiber towels in the trunk corner to absorb any possible water leaking into that area. Just a thought to prevent an issue.

Relocate the rear well modules in a safe place.

Bill

The rear LH fender interior wheel housing could be also an other place to fix the 2 rear well modules, same as per the VICM mpdule at the same place on the RH rear fender.

An other area, is in between the 2 seats upper the center console, behind it, are 2 other modules that are already installed, their maintenance could be an easier access and free of water intrusions.

By unwrapping their present harness, yes, it could give all the necessary wires for the installation.

Good imagination.

Water intrusion in the rear trunk well

pure Zen

Or a chamois.... how can the designers could not avoid a such defect, as the intrusion of water into the modules at the rear well is obvious.

Perhaps designed for the service business at the dealers networks or a not so good electrical reliability of the XLR and life time .

If anyone wanted to do it -really- right, the pump and modules etc - all the shtuff in that ice bucket, should be moved to the forward most part of the trunk, perhaps just behind the passenger seat. It would centralize the hydraulic lines, reduce weight what with less line and wire length, keep the oh-so-precious modules well out of harms way and put about 10 or 15 pounds more towards the center of the car.

What, did they think XLR owners were going to need space for a sheet of plywood in the trunk and couldn't live with a little obstacle?! It's all not that big and I'd wager it could all be tucked in there and still have plenty of space for the roof in the convertible position.

The current placement had to have been an afterthought or rated very low on the pecking order to General Motors engineers. It's not bad...it's disgusting. You don't put components of that weight and significance hanging down in a bucket in a trunk and so far from the center of the car, unless you're stupid or just plain lazy. Maybe both.

On the other side of things, they're probably laughing because they're still selling modules and spares - if not drowned, whacked by someone in a parking lot fender-bender or when the champagne bottle tips over in the trunk and pops on the way to the party. Planned obsolescence perhaps? ;)

JMHO.

Gord :thumbsup

Moving forward the well modules.

Bill.

Enclosed are images of the rear rollover bar were the modules could be attched as per the present modules with somes U clamps.

Would one day doing the conversion, i would put the well modules on the passenger side because of some possible amanations from the gas filling area, as far is for the wiring it looks that it can be done without doing some cuttings.

Then the pump could be attached again to the rool bar LH driver side, as far is the hydraulic piping , I would wonder on how to get the piping re direct without making some kink on the piping.... it could be more of a problem.

It is my opinion after looking at the sketchs.

IAN :blinzel:

S band.jpg15934397-cadillac-xlr-passenger-seat-rh-roll-bar-hoop-loop-headrest-ebony-platinum-3.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom