Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

wear on the outboard back seat vynil v model

ALBERTAN

My 2006-v model continues to suffer from scrapping wear on the out board solid vynil seat back panels that house the airbags.The dealer has already repaired the drivers side for this problem once already at this time both seats are again exibiting the problem has anyone else experianced this problem and is there a perminant solution.

My 2006-v model continues to suffer from scrapping wear on the out board solid vinyl seat back panels that house the airbags.The dealer has already repaired the drivers side for this problem once already at this time both seats are again exhibiting the problem has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a permanent solution.

My '05 Base XLR has the same issue. I bought my car last year, with 130,000 miles. The driver's seat is worn in the same area - but I was told that it was due to the previous owner was a PA State Trooper and that it was probably his gun or handcuff's that wore that hole in the seat. I've never thought about repairing it - unless I came across some good used replacement seats. I didn't realize it was a recurring issue. Not sure what causes it.

I just purchased a replacement seat cushion cover for my driver's seat. The original had some wear on it and the leather was starting to crack in places. The previous owner probably never put any leather conditioner on it. The seat back covers are available as well. The cushion cover was about $130 and it just clips on, but will require removal of the seat to replace.

I don't have any wear on the side of the seat back like you have, just the seat bottom cushion.

You can order through your dealer and he may match the price from the dealer I bought mine from. List for the back cover is $330. I purchased mine from www.partszoneonline.com for about 25% off list.

You can look up the part you need here or have your dealer do it for you:

0607146Y14-001.gif

Note there are two seat back cover's listed, one is the regular XLR and one is the XLR V with the insert.

Here is the link to the site with more details and a description:
http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u...1337174374&capuid=1&majorgroup=14&grouptype=B

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom