Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Welcome to the other side!

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
If you're reading this message, you are now at the new home of the XLR Net!

The site has been moved on to a dedicated server and we should now be totally free of bogging and lag when moving through the forums!! :blinzel:

the other side

If you're reading this message, you are now at the new home of the XLR Net!

The site has been moved on to a dedicated server and we should now be totally free of bogging and lag when moving through the forums!! :blinzel:

Thanks for all you do, Al :)

• Admin
  • Admin
Nice job. It's a lot faster than the "other" side!!

• Admin
WOW!!! Does seem faster loading pages!

• Admin
WOW!!! Does seem faster loading pages!
Yep! The XLR Net is now on a server that is shared with only 4 other web sites - all of them mine. It's a dedicated server, so I have full control over the server, and there will be no more web sites added.

The site was at a different hosting company on what is called a "virtual hosting account." That basically means the site was on a server with about 200 other web sites. That's what created the slow down in how the XLR Net responded. We won't have that problem now. :blinzel:

Thanks Rob!!!!

BTW, nice choice of words - "the other side". Did you know that Cadillac tried to use The Doors' song "Break On Through" for the release of the XLR and to introduce the new "Arts & Science" design of the upcoming Cadillacs? Of course you did. :) But Jim Morrison's estate wouldn't let them use it, so they used "Rock and Roll" from Led Zeppelin instead.

They ended their use of the song and slogan "Break Through" in late 2006.[SUP]
[/SUP]

Think there is a few problems yet! Every once in a while I lose the page. Gives me Error 404 page not found.

Chad

Think there is a few problems yet! Every once in a while I lose the page. Gives me Error 404 page not found.

Chad
Hmmmm....if it happens again, email, PM or post the broken link here....

V Happy

Rob
Thank you for all your good work. I really do appreciate it.
V Happy

Rob -

Since the switch we are having problems posting pictures that we make attachments to posts (as opposed to using Photobucket, etc).

The last post on this page https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...ssion/2496-show-us-your-xlr-15.html#post48784
doesn't show the picture on our tablet & phone, and the top of the page above the XLR-net banner has these error messages: :dunno:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

What should we try to stop being illegal? :chuckle

Yeah, I noticed this on another site earlier today. Let me look into this and see what I can figure out. Hang tight....

Ooooooook....so here's what I found out....

The errors some of you are seeing is because (forgive me for the techno-geek speak, but it's the only way I can explain it properly...) the XLR Net was hosted on a different server at a different hosting company. That server was running an older version of PHP - the programming language that the forum software runs off of.

When I moved the XLR Net to its own server - that server is updated with most of the latest core software - including the latest version of PHP.

The latest version of PHP is 5.4.4....I believe...and the vbulletin software that we're running (which was the latest version available up until tonight....) has some functions that are not compatible with PHP 5.4.x.

As my luck usually goes - I moved two other web sites on to the same server (The Cadillac Vnet and The Meadery) on to the same server - all using the same versions of the forum software. So all three sites are having these problems.

I just went into the forum software support forums and was about to fire off a no-so-nice post...however, I see that they just released a forum software update which is supposed to fix a lot of the incompatbility issues.

SO....I'm going to download the update and will have to shut the forums down to do the install. Looks like I have my work cut out for me for tonight. :(

Keep your fingers crossed....

Testing image attachments.....

Attachments

• PA110501b-2010-Cadillac-XLR-V-Web-Res.jpg
    PA110501b-2010-Cadillac-XLR-V-Web-Res.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 267
testing...

Attachments

• AR-131009911.jpg
    AR-131009911.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 270

Cadillac XLR Forums