Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Welcome to the other side!

The forum software has been upgraded and image attachments are working again. Please let me know if you notice any further errors.

Thanks, Rob!

BTW, how'd you take a picture of the BG assembly line. There are no cameras, phones etc. allowed on plant tours???

Thanks, Rob!

BTW, how'd you take a picture of the BG assembly line. There are no cameras, phones etc. allowed on plant tours???
It's a picture I happened to stumble upon while doing a google search. :)

Ahhhh....unfortunately, the "Like" button was part of a vBulletin Search Engine Optimization addon from another company. Because the company is no longer upgrading the addon, it's no longer compatible with the vBulletin forum software upgrade I did last night. After I did the upgrade, I had to disable the SEO plugin which also killed the like button.

So, if the company ever updates the SEO addon, I'll upgrade it here and turn it back on. For now, we're going to have to live without a like button. :(

Cookies???

Rob, I started getting redirected to Top Web Hosts 4U, not long after you started the migration. Initially, I got your site, but then (on Monday???) I got redirected.

As of this morning, I was still being redirected (been busy working on our other house... :mad: ), so I tried a different computer that I seldom use. It's working, and that's where this post is originating.

Is there some cookie on my primary computer that needs to be euthanized?

Tim

Rob, I started getting redirected to Top Web Hosts 4U, not long after you started the migration. Initially, I got your site, but then (on Monday???) I got redirected.

As of this morning, I was still being redirected (been busy working on our other house... :mad: ), so I tried a different computer that I seldom use. It's working, and that's where this post is originating.

Is there some cookie on my primary computer that needs to be euthanized?

Tim

Couple things could be going on:

1. It takes longer for DNS computers to update across the web than others. Normally it takes 24-78 hours, but could take longer.
2. You can try flushing your DNS cache on your local computer by:

1. Click on your Start button
2. In the Search programs and files input field, type cmd
3. At the command prompt type: /flushdns

See if that helps.

Not sure if it is related but...... Time Warner is having some DNS issues, at least in my area. If they are your ISP you may want to look into it. Personally, I don't use their DNS and have set mine manually.

I have tried a few and experiment some. You may want to try Google at 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. Some have complained of some issues there YMMV.

IMHO Step one is a DNS flush like Rob sez.

Couple things could be going on:

1. It takes longer for DNS computers to update across the web than others. Normally it takes 24-78 hours, but could take longer.
2. You can try flushing your DNS cache on your local computer by:

1. Click on your Start button
2. In the Search programs and files input field, type cmd
3. At the command prompt type: /flushdns

See if that helps.

Rob, I figured the DNS propagation time might be the culprit back on on Monday/Tuesday, but not this long. [Phrede, I'm on Comcast DNS at the moment.] I tried the /flushdns command, and it's not recognized on Vista. Is there an alternate format for it?

I think I'll just cold start this little puppy, and see if it comes up that way. :dunno:

Thx 4 the suggestions.

Tim

Rob, I figured the DNS propagation time might be the culprit back on on Monday/Tuesday, but not this long. [Phrede, I'm on Comcast DNS at the moment.] I tried the /flushdns command, and it's not recognized on Vista. Is there an alternate format for it?

I think I'll just cold start this little puppy, and see if it comes up that way. :dunno:

Thx 4 the suggestions.

Tim

From the run box

cmd to get a prompt

ipconfig/flushdns

exit

HTH Is it not amazing that sometimes we go to a DOS prompt? I was one of those that thought Windows would never catch on :)

Rob,

My pictures can load from the existing uploaded files but when I upload something new.......I get the file name and no picture. :confused:

See below: The first picture I already had uploaded and the second I just uploaded today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 281
  • AHJ @ 110 mph.JPG
    AHJ @ 110 mph.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 271
Thanks, Phrede. I haven't used any Commands for a long time, and didn't recall the ipconfig part.

Good news!!! The cold start cleared the DNS cache, and I'm up and running. :wave:

Sure appreciate the help, and I'm glad to see that the switch-over went well. Nice goin', Rob.

Tim

From the run box

cmd to get a prompt

ipconfig/flushdns

exit

HTH Is it not amazing that sometimes we go to a DOS prompt? I was one of those that thought Windows would never catch on :)

Thanks, Phrede. I haven't used any Commands for a long time, and didn't recall the ipconfig part.

Good news!!! The cold start cleared the DNS cache, and I'm up and running. :wave:

Sure appreciate the help, and I'm glad to see that the switch-over went well. Nice goin', Rob.

Tim
Thanks Tim! Glad you're up and running!

Rob,

My pictures can load from the existing uploaded files but when I upload something new.......I get the file name and no picture. :confused:

See below: The first picture I already had uploaded and the second I just uploaded today.
ok....testing now....

I know what the issue is...I need to recompile apache/php with an image handler package. Hang tight.....

test

Attachments

• AHJ @ 110 mph3.JPG
    AHJ @ 110 mph3.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 2014-cts-sedan-vsport-badge-454x205.jpg
    2014-cts-sedan-vsport-badge-454x205.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 284
Rob,

Okkkkkk....so after hours of testing, I've been able to determine that there is just something really funky with that image. I've tested a ton of photo uploads of different types, size, names, etc, here, and my other web sites on the same server and everything is working.

If I pull up your image in a photo editor, save it as .jpg or .JPG - it uploads successfully, and the size of the file shrinks by 20KB which is odd.

See my test thread here:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php/6852-Testing-Photo-Upload

Okkkkkk....so after hours of testing, I've been able to determine that there is just something really funky with that image. I've tested a ton of photo uploads of different types, size, names, etc, here, and my other web sites on the same server and everything is working.

If I pull up your image in a photo editor, save it as .jpg or .JPG - it uploads successfully, and the size of the file shrinks by 20KB which is odd.

See my test thread here:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php/6852-Testing-Photo-Upload

I took that photo with my iPhone from a still screen shot of the video. I will try some other photos to see how they upload. Thank you for all of your efforts to get this resolved. :wave:

Mike

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back