Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Well, I finally bought one...

C

CADXLR-V

I bought a 2009 XLR-V today! I'm thrilled, it's one pretty machine. I pick it up on Tuesday and will post some pics later. It's Crystal Red Tintcoat with Cashmere interior and chrome wheels. It has 13 miles on it and I can't wait to get her broke in so I can put it through some paces.
:party

Congratulations to you! May you have many happy motoring miles.
George

Congrat!!!:blinzel: Be sure to give us a review after you get some time in the seat.

Congrats, nice Christmas present to yourself. :laugh: Did you keep your Corvette in your avatar also?
Bruce

Congrats, nice Christmas present to yourself. :laugh: Did you keep your Corvette in your avatar also?
Bruce

Yeah, I kept the Vette. I'm putting a 4 post lift in my garage next week so I can stack the Vette over the XLR-V. I will change the avatar when I get some pics of the XLR-V. I'll be sure to post my review on the car after I get a few hundred miles on her. I got to check out a 2009 platinum edition XLR in the showroom today and that is a very sharp ride as well.

We all wish you and the "V" a very Happy New Year!!! I'm absolutely positive you'll love your new ride!

Although it's great you held onto the Vette!!

Where are you located in Florida?

Floyd (BB)

We all wish you and the "V" a very Happy New Year!!! I'm absolutely positive you'll love your new ride!

Although it's great you held onto the Vette!!

Where are you located in Florida?

Floyd (BB)

I live in Orlando... Thanks for all the well wishes and replies. :beerchug:

Congratulations!!!!

How cool to have an '09 V, a beautiful Corvette and a lift for the garage.:worship: You'll never leave the garage.:laugh:

Enjoy the new baby.

Congratulations!!!!

How cool to have an '09 V, a beautiful Corvette and a lift for the garage.:worship: You'll never leave the garage.:laugh:

Enjoy the new baby.

Yeah, when I told my wife I was looking to buy a XLR-V, the first thing she said was "I can't believe you are thinking of selling your Vette". I tell her, "no I have no plans to sell the Vette". Then she says, "I'm not parking my car outside" and that's when I hit her with the second surprise, "I'm getting a lift so we can put all three cars in there". She just shakes her head and says "whatever makes you happy, just don't think I'm parking my car outside". :) She's a keeper...

Thanks again Bruce for your help during my XLR-V research!

Tim

More HP

Welcome aboard the V train. Well Tim, after the first of the year you'll be looking to do some nasty things to the V, but there are very few, but I think I can give you a few tips for very little cost. How about 120 more HP for about $500 without changing out your exhaust but still getting a nice sound while idling for only $5.00 and be able to make it sound like a mouse whenever you want. Most know what I've done so if you want to do a PM to me, I can give you some blow by blow instructions with pics. The only other cost will be getting the shift points dropped about 200 RPM's which should be a cheap thing to do at any speed shop. The reason you have to have the shift points changed is because your HP will go to 565 HP and will barbel when you hit the top of each gear which will make it fall flat on it's face then the front comes up like a submarine surfacing but the guy next to you has moved ahead of you by then. We can't have that.
Enjoy your New Year and hope to see you at RIVerwalk in San Antonio in June. That would be or Rendezvous IV, just so happens that the Riverwalk starts with RIV.
Yup... I'm a slow learner, but got it right the second time around... :love: :cool:

Welcome aboard the V train. Well Tim, after the first of the year you'll be looking to do some nasty things to the V, but there are very few, but I think I can give you a few tips for very little cost. How about 120 more HP for about $500 without changing out your exhaust but still getting a nice sound while idling for only $5.00 and be able to make it sound like a mouse whenever you want. Most know what I've done so if you want to do a PM to me, I can give you some blow by blow instructions with pics. The only other cost will be getting the shift points dropped about 200 RPM's which should be a cheap thing to do at any speed shop. The reason you have to have the shift points changed is because your HP will go to 565 HP and will barbel when you hit the top of each gear which will make it fall flat on it's face then the front comes up like a submarine surfacing but the guy next to you has moved ahead of you by then. We can't have that.
Enjoy your New Year and hope to see you at RIVerwalk in San Antonio in June. That would be or Rendezvous IV, just so happens that the Riverwalk starts with RIV.
Bobo, sure hope you don't wait until June to go to San Antonio, we would miss seeing you and watching you flirt with all the waitresses.:pat::pat: First Robin

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom