Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Well...I finally pulled the trigger!

Rule62

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Sable Black XLR/V
Back in 2003-04 I was selling Cadillacs for a dealer just outside of Seattle WA. The very first XLR we had was a special order for a client I had worked with in a previous career. I've always been a Cadillac Man ( a gene I inherited from my father) but the XLR was something very special and I know it the moment I got in that very first one to do the pre-delivery test drive with the tech.

So, flash forward a decade, I finally live in a place where you can actually drive a convertible for more than a few weeks between August and September. Couple that with a touch of disposable income, A TON of research and a whole lot of patience, and "POOF" here's my One-owner, local-trade, clean CarFax, documented service history, 2006 XLR-V in All-The-Way Black.

I've got a guy nearby who runs a chrome exchange so I'm trading in the stock matte wheels in for "shinnies" next week.

I bought this at a Lexus store and squeezed a 4/50, $0 Deductible Lexus Platinum warranty out of the deal, which based on what I've read I will be very happy I got. Also, I noticed that the one feature I didn't test while at the dealer was the CDX which is on the fritz!

So, I plan to be on this forum often, trading information and experience. That's all for now. :wave:

WP_20141008_10_32_44_Pro.jpgWP_20141008_10_34_46_Pro.jpgWP_20141008_10_34_24_Pro.jpgIn front of Cheebo 10-07-14.jpg

Nice catch on the XLR you will be happy with it enjoy the top down topless weather when it's available we have a 2005 light platinum silver which just Love! We are now in Ocean City Maryland this weekend for the Endless Summer car show event and enjoying some top-down weather except for today it's raining but but seems to be clearing up some later this morning! We have the top down whenever we can welcome board and you will love your XLR
This is a picture from yesterday morning of us waiting in line to drive Roxy down the boardwalk parade here in Ocean City
ee4bd766e4df2d3a067f94dc1539521b.jpg

Our neighbor friends from Pa. was down there too staying on the 3 floor condo right on the boardwalk and snap these shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"
7eda24cb803410f3df44a91f0eb6522e.jpg
0e60b9ab650d0e67159a02e8967ea94b.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!!! Glad you found the XLR you were yearning to own!!! Here's to many days of top down driving...

Welcome aboard. Nice Car.

Welcome to the site. Thanks for posting the pictures. I agree that I would also want the 'sparkly' wheels. But am curious, were those matte finish wheels an OEM option?

Welcome.

Charles

The matte finished (painted) wheels were the only available wheels on the V series in '06. I don't believe the chrome wheels became an option until '08. But the car looks a whole lot better riding on chrome wheels....especially in black.😁

Thanks! Didn't know, but do now : )

The matte finished (painted) wheels were the only available wheels on the V series in '06. I don't believe the chrome wheels became an option until '08. But the car looks a whole lot better riding on chrome wheels....especially in black.��

I agree with you on the chrome wheels. Thanks for answering the question. :)

Charles

Back in 2003-04 I was selling Cadillacs for a dealer just outside of Seattle WA. The very first XLR we had was a special order for a client I had worked with in a previous career. I've always been a Cadillac Man ( a gene I inherited from my father) but the XLR was something very special and I know it the moment I got in that very first one to do the pre-delivery test drive with the tech.

So, flash forward a decade, I finally live in a place where you can actually drive a convertible for more than a few weeks between August and September. Couple that with a touch of disposable income, A TON of research and a whole lot of patience, and "POOF" here's my One-owner, local-trade, clean CarFax, documented service history, 2006 XLR-V in All-The-Way Black.

I've got a guy nearby who runs a chrome exchange so I'm trading in the stock matte wheels in for "shinnies" next week.

I bought this at a Lexus store and squeezed a 4/50, $0 Deductible Lexus Platinum warranty out of the deal, which based on what I've read I will be very happy I got. Also, I noticed that the one feature I didn't test while at the dealer was the CDX which is on the fritz!

So, I plan to be on this forum often, trading information and experience. That's all for now. :wave:

View attachment 4614View attachment 4615View attachment 4616View attachment 4617
congrats on your new purchase. I know that you'll love your new toy. ther other state that has almost year round top down driving is mid to northern florida. jax- orlando and south

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom