Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wheel opinions welcomed

C

Comfortzone

I am trying to decide on new rims for my 2006 Light Platinum XLR with dark tinted windows.

I have narrowed it down to the Gianelle 20" Tahiti 5 spoke split.

The finish is where I'm stuck:

Options:

1. Chrome
2. Chrome with black barrel and black lip
3. Machined with black barrel and black lip
4. Machined with black barrel and machined lip

Any thoughts, or experience in chrome vs machined?

That's the same look I'm going for. I want to get rid of the chrome and maybe smoke the taillights. I'm probably about 3 months out from buying rims though. Post pics once you get yours!

If I ever figure out how to add pictures, I'll put up pictures of my old XLR and my new one.

I'll have my wheels on as soon as I decide on a set. I'll post them then. I also plan on smoking the tail lights. I want a non-Cadillac grill, but cannot find any aftermarkets for it that do not indent for the crest.

Did you get them yet? I'm ordering these in 20"s on Tuesday:

Those will look great!! The Gianelle wheels I wanted are not available. I spoke to their factory and he has no idea when they may be. He said they sold out fast. I found a Status (same company makes Ruff) wheel that looked almost identical. I ordered them this morning.

http://www.statuswheels.com/wheels/statuswheels/1_816/816.html

I got the black w/machined face
20x8.5
20x10

I'll post pics when I get them mounted!!:cool:

nice! cant wait to see em. im also going with the 8.5s in the front and the 10s in the back. i like the deep dish with the black. i googled those other rims i was looking at and dont think the foose speed rims look that good on a charger and the other ones i thought the dish was deeper. i definitely like your choice. im ready to order mine but i gotta wait til i get my commission check.

what size tires did you get? i was quoted on the staggered foose speed with 245/40/20 and 275/35/20.

like the deep dish with the black. i googled those other rims i was looking at and dont think the foose speed rims look that good on a charger and the other ones i thought the dish was deeper.

Here are the wheels I chose, on a silver Camaro.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...dsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:100&biw=980&bih=1208

They should look great on the XLR!!

I'll be getting the calipers gloss black at the same time. I have not yet decided on drilled or slotted rotors. I'm waiting on some input from some forumites, before I decide.

Today I ordered the 20INCH Ruff Racing R943s in BLACK. I will post pics once I receive them and have them mounted. :)

Hey Comfortzone,
Did you get yours yet?

I'm concerned mine may need to be lowered if these rims make it look too tall or if the gap is horrible. What do you think?

I paid for them on Wed morning and they still haven't shipped. :( They did say it would take 3-5 business days to ship.

I've not gotten them yet. I ordered them from www.wheels next.com

My wheels should be here the first of next week. My car is still in FL, I bought it while I was on vacation and left it there so I could drive my wife back home. I fly down Monday and will drive it back later in the week, after getting some business done.

Once I get back, I'll have the wheels and tires put on, get my slotted and drilled rotors installed and get my calipers painted.

I will post pics as soon as it is all done.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom