Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

When You Should Go For Cruise in Your XLR !!!

CNC

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert
My wife informed me earlier this week that this coming Saturday she's having her girl friends here to the house. :rolleyes: 'A Hen Party.' Oh Yea. They will 'visit' together here for awhile (coffee and rolls, etc.). Very loud. Then they go out and shop together for awhile. Have lunch somewhere. Usually for 2 to 3 hrs. as they talk, lots. Then they will come back to the house and visit some more, and eventually (?) the stragglers will leave. --- So she kind of got in a stance, sitting down, shoulders squared, facing me, and said words to the effect of, "You have a problem with any of this?" (I had said nothing! ????) Me: "It's your house too. So, no, no problem". Her, "So you will be nice to my friends?" Me: "Won't be necessary, as under the circumstances I will now be leaving for the day. Will take The XLR and 'T.J.' (our dog) and we will go in The XLR to a car show somewhere. T.J. will ride shotgun with his Hat and Doggles on. I'll take food and water for him, and we will eat out somewhere that evening. When the last one leaves the house, call me, and I'll come home. Since I won't be here, there won't be any interaction by me with your girl friends that you need to be concerned about, right? So makes you happy, and me happy, right?" --- This made her angry. Huh? Why???? :dunno: Her: "So you won't be here! That stinks!" Me: "No it doesn't! Look, I have no objection to you making your plans. Therefore you shouldn't have any objection to me making mine. Right?" --- She stomped off with no response??????? --- Am I going to the car show? Yes! Will I be here to be forced to interact with any of these women in any way? No! Does this make me happy? Yes! --- What always amazes me when this 'Event' occurs, is I'll ask her later what they talked about at lunch for 3 hours, or any other time during the day? This with a gazillion words having been spoken, verbal chaos. She "can't remember." :lol: Is this something 'I' look forward to? No! Yet it is an 'annual once a year event'. Don't ask! No one knows why this occurs? I have NEVER gotten any kind of rational explanation as to what is accomplished? In fact prior to being 'informed' of this event, I had stuff I wanted to get done at home Saturday. No longer! On day 'kaput' doing other stuff. Oh well! Go figure? :confused:

The voice of reason and moderation ,,,,,,,

CNC,,,, Happy wife,,,Happy life....

But I believe you are making the right decision to do your thing that day.

[ Spoken from experience from a guy who has been married and divorced three times :lol: :laugh: ]

Have a great time at the car show ;) :wave:

Taking the XLR out is also a useful response when husbands decide to take up massive "home improvement" projects! It's a multi-functional vehicle! :laugh:

Amy

T.J. and I Had a Blast

[ Spoken from experience from a guy who has been married and divorced three times :lol: :laugh: ]

The best one of the two cruise-ins was the one in Littleton. About 30 to 40 cars there. Mostly immediate area local folks. But were some really nice rides. Mine was the only XLR in attendance. Who stole the show? "T.J." He does this stand on his haunches thing to everyone and starts waving both front paws at them. His message, "I'm cute and I know it, and I seek attention, and get it!" Hilarious to watch as at the same time he lowers his head a bit and looks up at you with those huge brown eyes. He knows exactly what he's doing. :) People crack up when they see him riding shotgun with his hat on and doggles sun glasses with the top down. I do hook the seat belt through his body harness which works well.

On the home front, after my having changed my plans for the day after the 'announcement', she and her girl friends had a great time, and so did T.J. and me. In fact it was like there had been no disagreement in the first place? I never thought there was???? So just decided to say I was "glad they had a good time", and move on. ;)

Hmmm? Interesting. An angle I hadn't considered.

Taking the XLR out is also a useful response when husbands decide to take up massive "home improvement" projects! It's a multi-functional vehicle! :laugh:

Amy

Hi Amy,
Interesting take and a different perspective here that I hadn't considered. As in, "I resemble this comment". :cool:

Here's T.J.

New Family Member 001.jpg

And one short sentence as a man married 43 years they are always right get it they're always right I will repeat their always right. jerz

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

It will be 38 years on February 28 2018 after all this time I find "YES DEAR" works well weather you mean it or not! [emoji6][emoji482][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Think It Is True

It will be 38 years on February 28 2018 after all this time I find "YES DEAR" works well weather you mean it or not! [emoji6][emoji482][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Men are from Mars, women are from Venus".
;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back