Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Windrestrictor, what do you guys think?

WindRestrictors, Door Sills, Ghost ground lights, Multi-Colored Wheel Rings & Custom Floor Mats

Cadillac XLR Convertible WindRestrictor: USE THIS CODE [GLOWIN4U] OR SIMPLY CLICK THIS LINK BELOW TO RECEIVE 👊10% OFF👊 TOTAL PURCHASE ANYTIME!
Home page

Slight problem

Cadillac XLR Convertible WindRestrictor: USE THIS CODE [GLOWIN4U] OR SIMPLY CLICK THIS LINK BELOW TO RECEIVE 👊10% OFF👊 TOTAL PURCHASE ANYTIME!
Home page
I like the product. But after a year or so mounting hardware began to corrode, my car has never been in rain or even left outside overnight. Contacted company and no solution was offered.....SJP

Corrode on hard ware.

I like the product. But after a year or so mounting hardware began to corrode, my car has never been in rain or even left outside overnight. Contacted company and no solution was offered.....SJP

I have had mine on for over 4 years and have not had any corrosion on mine! I even removed it to install the light kit and did not see any thing wrong?
Mine is a XLR 2005.
Bill

Could you please email me some pictures of the damaged hardware along with your contact info... I’ll see what I can do for you.... Email to windrestrictorglowin4u@gmail.com
Thank You!
Caddy Man Dan

Hello all, new owner here. I have been looking at the wind restrictors from King Penn. Not sure I need one as I drove from FL to SC top down the whole way with no real wind problem. They do look great, so I would like to hear from any members who have one (from King Penn or anyone else). I would rather opinions from actual XLR owners themselves and not from the company (they have already done an outstanding job of representing their product).
My 2006 had one on it when I bought it. At first I really hated it and took it off. The reflections mentioned by others here were what bothered me. But when I would go to a car show, I would put it back on, and I gradually got used to it. Now it doesn't bother me at all. My eyes and brain have become used to filtering out the extraneous reflections, and it's no longer an issue.The screen itself works quite well. A BIG difference in cabin turbulence with/without it on. With the screen on, and the right window up, my wife's hair hardly moves at all. Happy wife - happy life. The only thing I don't like is that a previous owner apparently used a Brillo pad to clean it! Well not quite that bad, but it has a bunch of little scratches that I would love to get rid of. I've asked some of the glass dealers around town about polishing it and they won't touch it. Any ideas, folks?

My 2006 had one on it when I bought it. At first I really hated it and took it off. The reflections mentioned by others here were what bothered me. But when I would go to a car show, I would put it back on, and I gradually got used to it. Now it doesn't bother me at all. My eyes and brain have become used to filtering out the extraneous reflections, and it's no longer an issue.The screen itself works quite well. A BIG difference in cabin turbulence with/without it on. With the screen on, and the right window up, my wife's hair hardly moves at all. Happy wife - happy life. The only thing I don't like is that a previous owner apparently used a Brillo pad to clean it! Well not quite that bad, but it has a bunch of little scratches that I would love to get rid of. I've asked some of the glass dealers around town about polishing it and they won't touch it. Any ideas, folks?

Hi Doug....I’m a representative for King Penn WindRestrictor and I just check on what they recommend to use for your scratches and they said try:
NOVUS 2 Plastic Fine Scratch Remover
Can be bought online, certain Walmart’s & Lowes may carry it also!
Hope this helps, they also have a Novus Kit #7100 - Cleaner, Scratch Remover & Polish online at Amazon
And also just a cleaner Novus 1

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry