Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Windshield Pillar Trim

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
My r/side windshield pillar trim has a few slits in it. Is it covered in vinyl? How can I repair it!

Found: New old Stock!! (don't need to repair old one!)

Last edited:
should be plenty of those in the wrecking yards for 20-30$ that's all they are worth. Cheaper than finding matching material what color do you have?

should be plenty of those in the wrecking yards for 20-30$ that's all they are worth. Cheaper than finding matching material what color do you have?

Called all over and can't find one. Found a new one for 69.74 +shipping
My interior is shale, but this part is called "neutral" (a cocoa color like the dash) according to the Cadillac dealer which is a medium brown and they said that is the right part, number(21994518), for my vin number. Last 8 digits are: 55602599.

the vin shows pearl with shale interior. So unless they have discontinued the shale I think neutral is not correct for your car. The junk yards that have xlrs want about the same price due to the labor to go take it off. well one more part no longer available. The number you have is the old number new number 15949846 is ebony but NLA. Going to have to talk a breaker into taking it off to sell. or find matching vinyl.

This one listed on ebay for close to 200$ .If he has it.
GENERAL MOTORS 15949846 - MOLDING ASM W S SI GARN EB | eBay

Last edited:
w/shield pillar trim

the vin shows pearl with shale interior. So unless they have discontinued the shale I think neutral is not correct for your car. The junk yards that have xlrs want about the same price due to the labor to go take it off. well one more part no longer available. The number you have is the old number new number 15949846 is ebony but NLA. Going to have to talk a breaker into taking it off to sell. or find matching vinyl.

No Ebony in my Crimson Pearl#80 car. All shale interior but these w/shield pillars, and they are the same color as the dash; a medium brown. (cocoa)
It is not shale like the rest of the interior. It is a cocoa color like the dash. According to the local cadillac dealer part person it is called neutal and that part number 21994518 is in their parts book, and they said it 's color is neutral (cocoa,) whih matches my dash cover from the factory, I got that number from GMParts.com. I found a new one for $69.74 + shipping and I have the right of return, I would just have to pay the cost to ship it back.

Last edited:
Steve,

The dealer gave you the correct item and information. The 2004 and 2005 XLR's had a darker color than the shale on top of the dash and window pillars. This was changed on 2006 and up models, which had Ebony dash pads and pillars no matter what color interior. If you order it, it will be correct.

No Ebony in my Crimson Pearl#80 car. All shale interior but these w/shield pillars, and they are the same color as the dash; a medium brown. (cocoa)
It is not shale like the rest of the interior. It is a cocoa color like the dash. According to the local cadillac dealer part person it is called neutal and that part number 21994518 is in their parts book, and they said it 's color is neutral (cocoa,) whih matches my dash cover from the factory, I got that number from GMParts.com. I found a new one for $69.74 + shipping and I have the right of return, I would just have to pay the cost to ship it back.

chubbys correct

I went and looked. I was mistaking my 2008 and my 2005 . Its is called shale. but has two different shades on the dash. That number still shows discontinued from GM so it may be available from an aftermarket seller. I was getting it mixed up with my shale /slate MB that is mostly black with just a little tan.
Cubby to the rescue .I tried to remove the h but it wont let me sorry.

Last edited:
can you just pop that a pillar trim off by hand ?
door open
start at the top?
or some pry tools needed?

chubby...hehehe got me smiling here at work at 630am:)

emoval

it should just pop out . may need to slip a tool under it to the clip to assist. If you have the new one coming I would hold off till you have it in hand to make sure there is not a clip in a strange position to mount or a hidden screw.

Pillar Trim

It was confirmed by my Cadillac dealer that the part number you had previously given me was correct for my shale interior, and the pillar trim is neutral; a "cocoa like color.color."

pillar trim

hope you are able to get one

Read my latest thread!! It's NOS!! Covered with a very thin vinyl and apparently the vinyl is "heat formed," glued, stapled in the back, and has 3 clips on it in the back to mount it.

I read it

I read your post. I am just saying as everyone on this site knows, People claim to have NOS parts and offer them for sale only for you to find out you cannot get them . I hope you are able to get it. That price is less than dealer cost when they had them from GM. So you are lucky to find it and lucky to get a good price. Let us know when you have it in hand.

W/shield pillar trim

Read my latest post of today, about 1 or 2 hours :wave::wave:ago! I have the part in hand!!!

w/shield pillar trim
I read your post. I am just saying as everyone on this site knows, People claim to have NOS parts and offer them for sale only for you to find out you cannot get them . I hope you are able to get it. That price is less than dealer cost when they had them from GM. So you are lucky to find it and lucky to get a good price. Let us know when you have it in hand.

sounds great

You still failed to share source with others so don't be amazed when people don't answer your post in the future. BYE BYE!!!!!!

Source

You still failed to share source with others so don't be amazed when people don't answer your post in the future. BYE BYE!!!!!!

Well. I did what any smart person would do; I called numerous Cadillac dealers in my state, and bingo! Auto Nation Cadillac of Palm Beach had one and only one! talk about luck. So, what's the problem? They can do what I did, but that agency has no more w/shield L. pillar trim.I got the one and only they still had.

wow a smart person

now that's good advice. If your dealer says it is a discontinued part maybe check with other dealers in your area. They should be able to tell you all the dealers that have the part in stock I was able to check on this same part and found 2 dealers had it in stock. I was able to buy them both for 30.00$ shipped as they could not return part to GM and had had them on the shelf for a long time. so I will have them for any one that needs them in the future . Just pay me shipping and I will send them to you for my cost. good info

pillar trim

now that's good advice. If your dealer says it is a discontinued part maybe check with other dealers in your area. They should be able to tell you all the dealers that have the part in stock I was able to check on this same part and found 2 dealers had it in stock. I was able to buy them both for 30.00$ shipped as they could not return part to GM and had had them on the shelf for a long time. so I will have them for any one that needs them in the future . Just pay me shipping and I will send them to you for my cost. good info

You got a better price than I did, maybe because you took two and got them some cash, that they couldn't get at this late date from GM. Yeah, They said they send those parts back for credit after they sit for a while; that being said, for some unknown reason, this part was still on the shelf so they told me that they would give it to me for their "cost." P.S did you notice in my thread that on my car, though the interior was Shale, the pillar was NEUTRAL.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom