Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Winter

Avesalius

My XLR/V(s)
I am a new owner of an ‘04 base model living in Atlanta. Car has 54k miles and is currently in very good shape. How does the xlr do in winter? The car will be parked outside and in Georgia we can get some serious ice and bad weather in the winter. I have the Covercraft weathershield HP car cover that will keep rain and snow from doing too much damage, but what can I expect when temps dip below 32? Are cold starts and issue? Do electrical gremlins start surfacing? Just trying to prep. I got a battery tender as well. Thanks!

make sure to put an old towel on the left rear of the trunk arear. the car can leak into the trunk from the left corner closest to the door . Especially when ice gets on it and melts slowly. that water can get into the suspension and top modules causing $$$$$$$ of damage.

f anyone is interested, I've been able to build for the 2004-2005 a bypass for the suspension module. It doesn't make the magnetic ride shocks work but it does remove the "service ride control" and "80 mph speed limit" messages and will allow the XLR to drive faster than 80 mph. If your suspension module 10348979 is broken and you have switched to regular shocks this bypass will remove the messages. If your suspension module is working and you are using the corvette simulators on the shocks and position sensors, this will allow you to remove the suspension module and sell it for close to $3k. It will require slicing 5 wires from the old suspension module.