Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR owners, need your help for a magazine article!

brettberk

Mods, if this is inappropriate at all, please let me know. I'm not trying to sell anything, just an auto journalist trying to gather info on the rare beast that is the Cadillac XLR!

Anyway, hello all! My name is Brett Berk and I'm a freelance automotive writer whose work appears regularly in a wide range of publications, including Car and Driver, DETAILS, Esquire, GQ, Jalopnik, The L.A. Times, Men's Fitness, Men's Journal, Popular Mechanics, Road & Track, Yahoo! Autos, and Vanity Fair.

I am currently working on an article for Autoweek magazine about the community of XLR owners, as part of the "Modern Misfits" series. The series is about revolutionary and interesting cars that don't get much mainstream attention; I'm interested in speaking to people to discuss what motivated their XLR purchase and why they love their cars. All I need is some time on the phone from anyone that would like to help; the interview would take about 15 minutes. If you're interested in being a part of this article, please shoot me a private message and I will put you in touch with my research assistant to do an interview.

Thank you all very much in advance.

EDIT: The response has been overwhelming and we now have more than enough participants to complete the initial interview portion of the article. I will keep you all posted as things develop further.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll have my assistant call your assistant. You're assistant can then interview my assistant. That'll will work!

Yeah, I'll have my assistant call your assistant. You're assistant can then interview my assistant. That'll will work!

von,

If you would like to help with the article, wonderful; if not, that's fine too. As a freelance journalist I'm frequently overwhelmed with work and can't drop what I'm doing to complete interviews, which is why research assistants are kept on staff. I'm sorry if that's disappointing, but that's just how things are. All the best.

experience Bio

Sorry,,,double post! Me bad...

Last edited:
Followup

Did you get the PMs Brett. I can't tell whether they were sent to you or not.

I have received PMs from about six members at this point, including yours buki, which should be more than enough. I was not expecting such an enthusiastic response; thank you all! I have my assistant Desmond busy with another project tomorrow and Friday but this weekend we will begin following up. We would like to try and schedule interviews for late in the weekend and the beginning of next week.

Thanks again, everybody.

Wow! Looking forward to reading the AutoWeek article.
Sandy and Steve are awesome advocates for any cool cars; particularly the XLR!

Steve

Mods, if this is inappropriate at all, please let me know. I'm not trying to sell anything, just an auto journalist trying to gather info on the rare beast that is the Cadillac XLR!

Anyway, hello all! My name is Brett Berk and I'm a freelance automotive writer whose work appears regularly in a wide range of publications, including Car and Driver, DETAILS, Esquire, GQ, Jalopnik, The L.A. Times, Men's Fitness, Men's Journal, Popular Mechanics, Road & Track, Yahoo! Autos, and Vanity Fair.

I am currently working on an article for Autoweek magazine about the community of XLR owners, as part of the "Modern Misfits" series. The series is about revolutionary and interesting cars that don't get much mainstream attention; I'm interested in speaking to people to discuss what motivated their XLR purchase and why they love their cars. All I need is some time on the phone from anyone that would like to help; the interview would take about 15 minutes. If you're interested in being a part of this article, please shoot me a private message and I will put you in touch with my research assistant to do an interview.

EDIT: The response has been overwhelming and we now have more than enough participants to complete the initial interview portion of the article. I will keep you all posted as things develop further.

read the article

Read the article in this week's Automobile. Overall, very good. But the emphasis on the XLR being a car that doesn't get bought new, but rather a later pickup by people who buy a used one, seems out of place. We bought our O5 new, and have cherished it since. I plan to pass it on to my son, who is looking forward to getting his hands on "DARTH."
Glad to see the XLR getting the exposure. Now, if the rumored 2018 remake comes out, I'll be in line my local Caddie dealer.

Ed BLAKE

I wasn't fortunate to be able to afford a brand new XLR, although there was nothing I wanted more from the moment it came out. For me the article was pretty much spot on for how I feel about the car and the journey to finally get one. Kudos to Brett for perhaps unexpectedly capturing that! :blinzel:

Still waiting to see this article, but it's just too exciting to know that our XLRs and Steve & Sandy are mentioned in the article! Too Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Nice article Brett.
I don't drive mine near enough, but did today, and read your article when I got to work. Yep, they are special cars.
Bruce

Very nice...

Wow... The article was great, Brett. Thank you so much. It brought a really nice smile to my face. This article is definitely a keeper.

XLR owners need your help

Brett
thanks for the article. Good to see our cars even mentioned anywhere. Owning one of these XLR s it is a car u can fall in love with. In my heart I believe cadillac could have kept this line to enhance there image. Our car was dropped due to financial restraints and poor marketing. I'm just glad I own mine !!!
V Happy ;)

great article :thumbsup

I've gone to publix walgreens cvs and just got back from Barnes n noble. Can't find this magazine anywhere. Oh well atleast I printed out the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed that the V series was not given a word. Also, I think more accuracy in the production number quoted "just over 15,000" would have been nice. The actual total production was 16,652.

Just goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you read.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom