Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR-V new owner in Michigan

nbw123

Seasoned Member
Hi
I just bought a 2006 XLR-V and plan to pick it up in the next 10 days. We are a Cadillac family and have wanted a convertible for our few summer days. I am planning to mod the car for both performance and looks. Any recommendations to increase HP other than an LS swap? E85, pullies, headers, CAI, TB, SC porting, heads, eibachs......

I am planning on swapping the wheels out with my stockers from my 2011 CTS-V assuming that the offset is similar.

I will post pics when I get it home and hopefully a build thread in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and I know you will enjoy your new ride. This fall I drove mine down (from Ontario Canada) to our Florida winter home - its first trip south - & have been really loving having the XLR here. I just got back from a nice drive: low 80's and sunny :) . Spring is coming soon and so will your smile! Enjoy!

Welcome to best XLR forum for a wealth of information and great people. Enjoy your Topless Cruz'in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope it is not being shipped with a small deposit? I did that only to find that it was a scam. Checked the Web site ( so beautiful) with 12 organizations they are associated with, that know nothing about them. Ann Logistics is the shipping company. Out of Croatia and England

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

The seller kept claiming that he would not receive a penny until we had 48 hours to check it out. Little did I know the scammer was the seller and the Logistic company

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

A postscript tip for XLR's, All

Hi
I just bought a 2006 XLR-V and plan to pick it up in the next 10 days. We are a Cadillac family and have wanted a convertible for our few summer days. I am planning to mod the car for both performance and looks. Any recommendations to increase HP other than an LS swap? E85, pullies, headers, CAI, TB, SC porting, heads, eibachs......

I am planning on swapping the wheels out with my stockers from my 2011 CTS-V assuming that the offset is similar.

I will post pics when I get it home and hopefully a build thread in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again Welcome. - Great cars, but be advised if you aren't already aware of it? More parasitic battery drain than any car I have ever owned. If the battery even becomes slightly weak, they start doing all kinds of weird things. :rolleyes: Just went through this last week. See my post in The Tec Section on "What not to do when working on your XLR". --- Besides keeping them on a Battery Tender in the garage (essential), just in case I always park it with the hood ajar whether inside or out, should I have to get to the battery. Yet, she's 'always covered' (Corvette Cover fits great). Just never forget to close the hood all the way before you hit the road! When in the garage under her car cover, I always leave the driver's side window 'down' should she go dead, and I need to gain access.

Thanks for the advice. My battery tender will get hooked up tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry