Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XM Radio Question

tbiddle

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Satin Nickel XLR
I recently purchased an '04 XLR. The only option available that year I was told was the XM satellite radio which this car has. I have the original window sticker. When I bought the car, the owner informed that he had attached a connector which he used to play his iPod. He merely touched the XM 'button' on the radio and then touched channel 5 and used the volume controls on his iPod.

I tried it with my iPod when I arrived at home and everything worked. The 'buttons' on the radio were AM, FM 1/2, XM and WX. I took the car into the Cadillac dealership and had them program a new #2 fob and they cut a new key for the emergency trunk release. I didn't try the radio until yesterday and I noticed that the 'button' for the XM was not there and they were now AM, FM1, FM2 and WX. I took the car into the dealership today to have them check a problem with my top. It was determined that it needed to be reprogrammed. I asked about the radio and they checked it out.

I tried to subscribe to XM last night and the operator said that she was unable to have the signal connect to my radio. She confirmed the radio number and the id number. Today at the dealer, they said that there was a communication problem and it would take considerable time to track it down which to me equates to too much money. In my '05 STS, the XM ' button' was always present even if I had let my subscription expire. Is there an easy fix for this? It is almost like someone replaced the radio.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom