Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

You guys will like this

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
If you have an 04 or 05 i've learned how to access the nav while driving. In the route screen hold your finger on the bottom right corner of the screen for 10 seconds. There is a hidden botton there. A screen will pop up with about 10 buttons. push the one that says run. NOTE; do not press any other buttons. Once you've done that here comes the tricky part. The return button is under the time bar. You have to slide your finger nail up onto the bottom of the return button. It is easy once you,ve done it a couple of times. once you hit the return button you get the route screen back and you can do anything you want at any speed. This took the XLR nav from totally worthless in my opinion to as good as my garmon. in fact ive took the garmon out of the car now that I can use the nav all the time. I hope this helps some of you because it sure made my day.:blinzel:

Love this tip! Sitting in the navigator's seat about 99% of the time this will certainly make my life a lot more easy ..... thanks .... how did you ever discover this??

Wow! You rock!!!:rocker:

I know there must be dozens of other things that can be done with the screen. You're the first one to come up with anything, and it's a GREAT one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I wish my car were here with me at work (it's 50 and rainy today - she's at home resting!) so I could try it!
:worship:

It would have been Wine or Crown and Diet Coke but none was involved. I bought it on Ebay like the 690 other things I have bought there. I love Ebay. Who would think you could buy something this good there, and for 6 bucks.

It was nice of you to share instead of asking for money as some do. Wish it would work on an 06-V
It would have been Wine or Crown and Diet Coke but none was involved. I bought it on Ebay like the 690 other things I have bought there. I love Ebay. Who would think you could buy something this good there, and for 6 bucks.

I love ebay too. It is amazing what you can find on there.:worship:

Great find. Wish I knew that 3 years ago, would have made a lot of trips easier. Thanks for sharing :worship:

Now the question is what do the other functions do??? I noticed too that once you keep it on "RUN" and you even shut the car off you don't have to do it again which is pretty awesome in my terms!!!

Well Kent you know I had to try it in my 06-V. It works just the way he said it did but once moving it Grey's out the other buttons, but there must be a way to get it to work. I'm dying to try the other buttons but am heeding the warning. I've got to go on e-bay and see if they have a code for the newer models.:pat:
Great find. Wish I knew that 3 years ago, would have made a lot of trips easier. Thanks for sharing :worship:

Teasing is not allowed

OK, I had to try it on my 06 and it all went well until I started rolling and they grayed out. Can you tell me what to search for on e-bay to see if someone found a way for the new models to do this? I know a lot of us would appreciate it to have this capability. If possible, I will buy it and post it.
If you have an 04 or 05 i've learned how to access the nav while driving. In the route screen hold your finger on the bottom right corner of the screen for 10 seconds. There is a hidden botton there. A screen will pop up with about 10 buttons. push the one that says run. NOTE; do not press any other buttons. Once you've done that here comes the tricky part. The return button is under the time bar. You have to slide your finger nail up onto the bottom of the return button. It is easy once you,ve done it a couple of times. once you hit the return button you get the route screen back and you can do anything you want at any speed. This took the XLR nav from totally worthless in my opinion to as good as my garmon. in fact ive took the garmon out of the car now that I can use the nav all the time. I hope this helps some of you because it sure made my day.:blinzel:

I'm going to have to see if Cubby has tried this yet. Thanks.

I just typed in cadillac XLR and scrolled through and came upon it. The guy did tell me dont push the other buttons though, and since it works for mine I have no need to. The ad did say it only works for 04 and 05.

Now the question is what do the other functions do??? I noticed too that once you keep it on "RUN" and you even shut the car off you don't have to do it again which is pretty awesome in my terms!!!

I tried this yesterday when leaving work. It is great, but I had to go back and hit "run" again after turning the car off. The other buttons I had selected (Show Position and SW) however were still depressed when I went back to the screen.

Just tried this today in my '07, and it gave me the screen with the run and what ever the other buttons are. I didn't try to use the NAV while driving it though. You're right on one thing,,,,, pushing the return button under the time bar is tricky!
Chad

Had you tried to access the Nav you would be greyed out on the buttons. Been there done it. I can't even find the original one on ebay under Cadillac XLR, all I get are ridiculas prices for 06-V's which didn't make my day.
Just tried this today in my '07, and it gave me the screen with the run and what ever the other buttons are. I didn't try to use the NAV while drive it though. You're right on one thing,,,,, pushing the return button under the time bar is tricky!
Chad

Here is a cheat sheet that I made for my Navigator....

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 434pt;" width="578" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 434pt;" width="578"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl22" style="height: 15pt; width: 434pt;" width="578" height="20">Navigation while the car is in drive:</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl23" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">1. GPS in map mode, select the ROUTE button.</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">2. “ROUTE PREFERENCES” option will be available.</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">3. Push lower-right corner of the screen for 8 seconds.</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">4. Wait for beep and a menu that has ten options.</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">5. Select the RUN button, it will remain highlighted. </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">6. Select the RETURN button. </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl23" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">Repeat these steps each time you start the car.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom