Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Seeking XLR V !! Please help !!

Tick tock

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

1G6YV34A44560940

Wink 2004 XLR red/black interior

Quote Originally Posted by JWade View Post
    Tick tock
    2004 XLR red/black interior new tires, brakes, catalytic convertors, shocks, springs, and shock simulators.

$25,000

Joe Champion
    518 605 5449

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Crystal Red with Ebony / Cashmere 1 of 6

The OP posted "Seeking XLR V !! Please help !! I was told a couple months from a former V owner the value is going up, but he didn't say how much...

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same "boat" as JWade. Also in the market for an XLR and would rather purchase a "V" if I can find one (Black & Ebony) in my price range with not to many miles on it. Been watching them and prices seem to very pretty much on mileage and year. Have seen late models 06-09 with pretty high mileage for sale pretty low ( high 20's to very low 30's) and once in awhile a low mileage one as high as the upper 50's. I recently purchased a Chevy SSR (3 years ago) and it was pretty much the same....mileage had a large factor on the price. Both the XLR's and the SSR's are what are called "niche" vehicles...only appeal to smaller group of people than the high performance vehicles like Vette's, Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers (staying with domestic brands here...LOL) that have a larger customer base. The SSR's have been holding their value in the last 3 years....since I have only been looking at the XLR's for a couple month's now do not have any history on them...rarely do you see one go up for auction on tv......I did read on this forum that a few are going up for auction at the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction next month but that Barrett Jackson auction is the "Na Na Land" of auctions....most others do not get anywhere near what those vehicles sell for. Too many bidder's there with more money than they have sense.....(just my opinion..I am sure there are others who will disagree...LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    The OP posted "Seeking XLR V !! Please help !! I was told a couple months from a former V owner the value is going up, but he didn't say how much...
    Last edited by soundhd; 12-29-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

I think a low mileage V will loose a lesser amount but I do not think any XLR will retain its value or increase for another 5-7 years. Stick with the later years 07 08 09 . I think people read about the 04 and 05 having a lot of problems and I just do not see an 04-05 ever being worth top money .That's my opinion. Others mileage may vary

6. Likes Mark0polo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR Star Black #247 of #250

This seems way too good to be true, but you never know?

2006 Cadillac XLR V For Sale In Birmingham | Cars.com

Happy New Year...GRatch

Seeking XLR V !!  Please help !! Mark0polo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

Sometimes a good car will pop up on one of those sites. I found one on auto-trader or cars.com about 700 miles away but was fortunate to have a friend in the same town who could inspect it for me. There’s always some risk when you buy on-line or try to set up a purchase that includes a one-way airplane ticket.
    The world is run by those who show up!

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

That looks like a car well worth the money . low enough mileage to drive it a while without any loss in value. I would follow up on that one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I sent them a reply..........does sound too good to be true.....that one would need a very close look at.... (professionally......at a Cadillac dealer with a tech that has worked on XLR'V's before)).....but at that price have to try.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by long Tall Sally View Post
    That looks like a car well worth the money . low enough mileage to drive it a while without any loss in value. I would follow up on that one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Our '05 was pristine condition w/new tires, 36K miles and brought top dollar this year...... Never had any issues. Would loved to have kept it, but too many cars and with so many discontinued parts unavailable, believed I made the right decision.
    http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1473338578

Post Thanks / Like

May I say this I would closely look at all the electronics in a vehicle like that if you see fog in the headlamps are moisture in any part of that vehicle walk fast there was numerous floods hurricanes and tornadoes within the last year that's why you'll see a lot on the net reasonable prices so it seems until down the road.... out there now I will say this I been on this site for a while I own a silver over black 06 V what would you people out there recommend the fair value for that car it is pristine 8300 miles original down to factory pirelli's what should that bring at auction just a question thanks. jerz........

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerz View Post
    May I say this I would closely look at all the electronics in a vehicle like that if you see fog in the headlamps are moisture in any part of that vehicle walk fast there was numerous floods hurricanes and tornadoes within the last year that's why you'll see a lot on the net reasonable prices so it seems until down the road.... out there now I will say this I been on this site for a while I own a silver over black 06 V what would you people out there recommend the fair value for that car it is pristine 8300 miles original down to factory pirelli's what should that bring at auction just a question thanks. jerz........

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk
    12 year old tires are not a good idea IMHO. Suggest you fit new ones. Have a good 2019.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR/V

We have a 2006 XLR/V with 48602 miles on it that we would sell it for 32000 obo. This is a California car so you could buy it and go to Disneyland! Its black on black and runs great and yes the top goes up and down just fine.