Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Books

Doug-J

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Light Platinum
I am trying to locate the hardcover book that the origional owners got with their car when new. Are these still available or is someone willing to sell one to me? Any other XLR books been written? Thanks Doug-J

I am trying to locate the hardcover book that the origional owners got with their car when new. Are these still available or is someone willing to sell one to me? Any other XLR books been written? Thanks Doug-J
Your dealer should have provided you with one, I would ask them what they did with it, that is assuming you bought your XLR from a Cadillac dealer.

XLR BOOK

I HAVE A BOOK CALLED CADILLAC XLR BY JOHN McCORMICK, DON'T KNOW IF IT'S THE ISSUE BOOK OR A AFTERMARKET BOOK.?. MY DEALER GAVE IT TO ME WHEN I WAS PASSING THROUGH ONE TIME ...:cool:

Your dealer should have provided you with one, I would ask them what they did with it, that is assuming you bought your XLR from a Cadillac dealer.

We did buy Lola from a Cadillac dealership ... but they did not have the book there and they didn't sell it there either ... I ordered mine online and paid about $50+ dollars for it :bash: (from guess who) ... but then, when we went to the factory at R2 they were giving them away to those who didn't have one .. :rolleyes: ....

... but then, when we went to the factory at R2 they were giving them away to those who didn't have one .. :rolleyes: ....

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!,,,, I Remember the days that Cadilliac gave things away to us,,,,,,,,, a fond memory,,,,,,,,

Won't see that for a long time now will we!!!!!! :confused:

Thanks for the reply everyone. I was able to order the book from XLR botique for $24.95 plus shipping. Doug-J

Sounds like you got robbed Ruthie, he's selling them for half that price now. Wait a week and it will be $3 bucks.:pat:
We did buy Lola from a Cadillac dealership ... but they did not have the book there and they didn't sell it there either ... I ordered mine online and paid about $50+ dollars for it :bash: (from guess who) ... but then, when we went to the factory at R2 they were giving them away to those who didn't have one .. :rolleyes: ....

Thanks for the reply everyone. I was able to order the book from XLR botique for $24.95 plus shipping. Doug-J

Hey Doug, did you ever get your book or hear from them? I placed a order a few days ago and sent an email to check the status of my order and ask another question, but have not heard anything.

Surprise - surprise. :squint: :laugh:

Anyone?? :chuckle

OK, I guess it's inside information and the jokes on me. If the boutique has a bad track record and should be avoided it would be nice to know. Even though it is too late for me maybe other XLR owners would like to know.

OK, I guess it's inside information and the jokes on me. If the boutique has a bad track record and should be avoided it would be nice to know. Even though it is too late for me maybe other XLR owners would like to know.

Well, some (me for one) of us have had some problems .... yes, but had heard some have a positive experience .... But ... I can't speak for anyone else ... :blinzel:
I think the manager of the boutique will actually become aware of this post and respond .... :squint:

Good luck to you ...

Avoid Allen and the Boutique and you will have done yourself a great favor. Keep in mind this probably is only 99% of the members view, so we do have 1% out there that think he is marvelous.
Sorry, but we don't like bringing him up but guess we should have warned you folks that don't know him. We also don't like bringing up the old forum that we all belonged to that was run by people that aren't familiar with the US Constitution and free speech.

Avoid Allen and the Boutique and you will have done yourself a great favor. Keep in mind this probably is only 99% of the members view, so we do have 1% out there that think he is marvelous.
Sorry, but we don't like bringing him up but guess we should have warned you folks that don't know him. We also don't like bringing up the old forum that we all belonged to that was run by people that aren't familiar with the US Constitution and free speech.

OK, good to know. I went to the boutique site when I first bought my XLR-V, but quickly realized that the prices were outrageous so I did not consider buying anything. However, when I saw the post about the price reductions I decided to go have another look. I placed my order on 5/12 and sent a email the next day asking a couple questions. I did not necessarily expect that my order would be shipped within 24 hours, but call me crazy, I do expect a business to reply to my inquiries within 24 hours and to date I have not heard from them.

Allen wouldn't dare respond on this site. Not if he has any pride.:blinzel:
Well, some (me for one) of us have had some problems .... yes, but had heard some have a positive experience .... But ... I can't speak for anyone else ... :blinzel:
I think the manager of the boutique will actually become aware of this post and respond .... :squint:

Good luck to you ...

You know the old adage "buyer beware"?
OK, good to know. I went to the boutique site when I first bought my XLR-V, but quickly realized that the prices were outrageous so I did not consider buying anything. However, when I saw the post about the price reductions I decided to go have another look. I placed my order on 5/12 and sent a email the next day asking a couple questions. I did not necessarily expect that my order would be shipped within 24 hours, but call me crazy, I do expect a business to reply to my inquiries within 24 hours and to date I have not heard from them.

I have not received my book or any acknowlegement of my order as yet. Tried calling and got a answering machine. Wait and see!! Doug-J

Got a call from XLR Botique the early part of last week saying they moved their office and had lost E-Mail and phone communication. Told me thsy woud ship the XLR table top book in 24-48 hours. It is now 10 days later and no book. I guess they haven't improved on their business practices. Has anybody else gotten their purchase? Doug-J

Got a call from XLR Botique the early part of last week saying they moved their office and had lost E-Mail and phone communication. Told me thsy woud ship the XLR table top book in 24-48 hours. It is now 10 days later and no book. I guess they haven't improved on their business practices. Has anybody else gotten their purchase? Doug-J
Did you already get charged for the book you didn't get? Has CADXLR-V gotten his book or heard anything from them yet? If you guys haven't gotten charged for them yet I would honestly cancel the order and try and find the book from some where else. :bash: Keep us updated I for one would like to know what happens.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom