Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Books

Got a call from XLR Botique the early part of last week saying they moved their office and had lost E-Mail and phone communication. Told me thsy woud ship the XLR table top book in 24-48 hours. It is now 10 days later and no book. I guess they haven't improved on their business practices. Has anybody else gotten their purchase? Doug-J

Hey Doug, I got my order a couple days after we last corresponded. Also, I read their order policies and they charge you "50%" for canceled orders.

Hey Doug, I got my order a couple days after we last corresponded. Also, I read their order policies and they charge you "50%" for canceled orders.
Are you kidding me. :( Can't you contact the credit card company and dispute the charge. That is crazy to pay for something you didn't get and they don't respond to your request. Or they don't even ship it when they say they are. :willy_nilly:

Are you kidding me. :( Can't you contact the credit card company and dispute the charge. That is crazy to pay for something you didn't get and they don't respond to your request. Or they don't even ship it when they say they are. :willy_nilly:

Really now, just what did you expect from Chicago Hoodlums? Ice Cream with you Cake?:blinzel::blinzel::blinzel:

Got a call from XLR Botique the early part of last week saying they moved their office and had lost E-Mail and phone communication. Told me thsy woud ship the XLR table top book in 24-48 hours. It is now 10 days later and no book. I guess they haven't improved on their business practices. Has anybody else gotten their purchase? Doug-J

Well .... I don't think anyone on THIS forum wants a replay .... but, hmmmm :squint: ... let's see, it took almost 2 mos to get a couple of leather "embossed" bags delivered and another, I think, about 4 mos to get my money back for the poorest quality leather/embossing job I've ever seen. Good luck ....
I am still wondering why he is charging you (and I paid it too :pat:) so much $$ for a book that Cadillac give out for free.

Book shipped 6-8-09 varified by Fedex tracking. Claimed origional package damaged in shipment and returned to him. Expect to receive by Thursday june 11th. Over 30 days to get order. Doug_j

Book shipped 6-8-09 varified by Fedex tracking. Claimed origional package damaged in shipment and returned to him. Expect to receive by Thursday june 11th. Over 30 days to get order. Doug_j
Goodluck Doug J hope you get your book. Let us know if it happens.

Surprise-surprise. A book damaged in shipping ... :confused: imagine that.
Well - you will enjoy the book ... it's a very well done book. We have looked through it more than several times. And it's a great reference book too. You will be glad you have it.
RA

FLASH---Update. Received book today one day shy of one month. Friend of mine got his yesterday also. Nice history ect. on XLR. Next thing you know the government will tax multiple car owners, we have 4 Cadillacs and a pickup. There goes our social security check. Have a great day. Doug-j

I'm glad to hear that you finally got your book. There is a lot of good information in it,very well done.Enjoy!

Nice new advatar there missy!:rocker:

FLASH---Update. Received book today one day shy of one month. Friend of mine got his yesterday also. Nice history ect. on XLR. Next thing you know the government will tax multiple car owners, we have 4 Cadillacs and a pickup. There goes our social security check. Have a great day. Doug-j
Congrats on finally getting your book. Hope it was worth the wait. :ugh:

Thanks everybody for following this saga of the missing book. I should have read your previous threads on XLR Botique before ordering. All is well in the end and a great book on our fantastic cars. Doug-J

I just received my FREE XLR BOOK this afternoon, now I can take it out of the nice cover box and start reading and looking at the pictures. :):):)

Well, just so no one feels like the Lone Ranger ... when I bought my book from the XLR Boutique a couple of years ago, I paid pretty close to $50 ... if not more. :squint:

But, I'm still the winner ... I love my book. I'm glad I have it, and if I had to I'd pay the same again ....

That's pretty nice of you, Mark, to offer your extra book up ... since the car isn't being produced anymore, the book will become pretty scarce ... as the car will be. and every owner should have one so that they can see the whole history. :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom