Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

majik755

Hello to all, new owner of an 05 Silver XLR w/28K since May 1, and it hasn't stopped raining since I bought it! Always wanted one. Only problem is a sporadic message "service engine soon". Had it in for a major service and they said it was the drive by wire part of the throttle body. They replaced the whole throttle body gratis for a new service customer (thanks Cadillac) but the message came back, I see it sometimes on startup and very rarely on a hard acceleration (any ideas?) I bringing it back in, but I'm hoping this won't be a never ending journey... Other than that, love the car and they sure do look good.

Also looking for iphone connectivity, All solutions mention XM ready radio. I thought they all were XM ready, and it was either installed or not.

Thanks for any help, look forward to may years ahead.

I can't help with all your technical questions. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Glad you found us and joined. We are on our second X and we love them. :wave:

WELCOME. The people here are great! Being part of the group will add much pleasure to the ownership of your fabulous car! George

Hello to all, new owner of an 05 Silver XLR w/28K since May 1, and it hasn't stopped raining since I bought it! Always wanted one. Only problem is a sporadic message "service engine soon". Had it in for a major service and they said it was the drive by wire part of the throttle body. They replaced the whole throttle body gratis for a new service customer (thanks Cadillac) but the message came back, I see it sometimes on startup and very rarely on a hard acceleration (any ideas?) I bringing it back in, but I'm hoping this won't be a never ending journey... Other than that, love the car and they sure do look good.

Also looking for iphone connectivity, All solutions mention XM ready radio. I thought they all were XM ready, and it was either installed or not.

Thanks for any help, look forward to may years ahead.

I'm not sure about the "SES" light, but maybe I can help with the iphone. Many users on here use the "Lockpick", which is available at http://www.coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm . Your 2005 won't give you the connectivity of the 2009 XLR that RGD has, but you'll gain some functionality.

Welcome, and enjoy! I feel your pain on the wet, cold spring we've had!

Thanks HOMEGAMEROOM but...

Thanks for the greeting, and its raining yet again :( I checked the site for 2005 XLRs and Lockpik says for XM ready radios, I know I don't have XM radio, but are all our cars XM ready?

Thanks Again HOMEGAMEROOM

That's awesome thanks again. I looked back there but couldn't figure out what's what. I ordered shop manuals for the car, when I get them I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out. I'll check with Coastal to see if they have good instructions as well.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom