Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fall Drive 2009

We did not get to go on the last one to Madison, so that would be fine with us. No plans in Sept. other than the Corvette thing on 25th and 26th. Or 1st weekend of Oct. is good too!:dunno:

I need some suggestions for when and where we want to go for our Fall Drive. I for one, loved Madison and could go back.
Here is one place in MI that I think might work;

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Thoughts anyone?

I have only heard from one of the MMs. I need your suggestions or I will have to make the decision for the group.:)

I have only heard from one of the MMs. I need your suggestions or I will have to make the decision for the group.:)
I'm sorry Bruce. I think what ever you decide is fine with me. I remember the one fall drive we did, can't remember the name, but it had that little town that we drove through. I wouldn't mind that and if we could stop in the town that would be nice. I'll have Cubby give his input if I could ever get him off the golf course. :chuckle:chuckle

I really enjoyed the trip to Madison, IN last year. That's where I first met some of the other MMs including one who can drive a Corvette around curves and take photos at the same time. You'd better believe "America's Got Talent." I'm sure there are places in that area that we missed. And yes, that little town where we had the beige buffet (and Cubby LOVED the prices on the menu he picked up) would be worth a revisit on the way back/down.

I really enjoyed the trip to Madison, IN last year. That's where I first met some of the other MMs including one who can drive a Corvette around curves and take photos at the same time. You'd better believe "America's Got Talent." I'm sure there are places in that area that we missed. And yes, that little town where we had the beige buffet (and Cubby LOVED the prices on the menu he picked up) would be worth a revisit on the way back/down.

Thanks for the input George and Supa, do you have a preference between Oct. 3-4 or Oct. 10-11?

I'm trying to pick a drive that works for everyone.

Well, so far, it sounds like Madison, IN was a big hit and no one is going to be upset if we make another visit. If we choose Madison again, hopefully we will be able to stay in the same hotel...what a view. We will have to stop by the Osgood Grub Company for their awesome down home buffet.:rocker:

Wish I could be there to go with you all. I last visited in 1995, went on to Hanover to the Barnes Cemetery where my Gr Gr Gr Grandparents are buried. He was born in 1781 and lived to be 92 years old. It is absolutely beautiful in the fall. Just be careful if you cross the river into Kentucky, they still have stills in the back country where the roads turn into paths and then into nothing. When I was there in my '93 Black STS some of those backwoods folks came out to greet me with their shot guns. I got turned around pretty fast and fled back to civilization. :):):)

We did not get to go on that one although we have been to Madison before and truly loved it! But never there with the MM's or Tiff, so lets do it! Either date is good with us!:)
Well, so far, it sounds like Madison, IN was a big hit and no one is going to be upset if we make another visit. If we choose Madison again, hopefully we will be able to stay in the same hotel...what a view. We will have to stop by the Osgood Grub Company for their awesome down home buffet.:rocker:

Thanks for the input George and Supa, do you have a preference between Oct. 3-4 or Oct. 10-11?

I'm trying to pick a drive that works for everyone.
I will check with Cubby to see which dates are good for him. I think his golf season should be done by then. :chuckle:chuckle

Well I would hope so! He better be takin Supa out tonight to cause some trouble! Wish I were there to cause it with you! :rocker:

I will check with Cubby to see which dates are good for him. I think his golf season should be done by then. :chuckle:chuckle

Thank you, I've had a little spare time recently to look up information.:lol:

Make sure everyone looks at Post #14, Post #15 & Post #16. Post 14 & 15 are on Page 1. If you have other suggestions of places to visit, please let us know.

Kathy:)

Make sure everyone looks at Post #14, Post #15 & Post #16. Post 14 & 15 are on Page 1. If you have other suggestions of places to visit, please let us know.

Kathy:)
Looked at the sites on post #16. I like the air zoo and the car musuem. I'm going to look at the sites Salem & Cordyn.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom