Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show and tell

Sweet Cameo

That is really a neat little truck, :rocker: I have never seen one, with only 47 built I don't imagine they were made available in Canada.

Additional information

Since the production numbers for these trucks were so low, very few people have ever seen one. In the first few years that I owned it, I would have people express to me that it was their opinion that it was the product of an aftermarket custom shop, rather than a factory option.

As a result, I started carrying the 1989 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Brochure in the truck. When the inevitable discussion occurred, i would pull the brochure out and let them have a look at it!

Here are some scans from that brochure :

Cameobrochureimage3.jpg

Cameobrochureimage4.jpg

Cameobrochureimage1.jpg

Cameobrochureimage2A.jpg

Great looking Cameo! Did you buy it locally? You take great care of your vehicles.:)

Thanks, Bruce. I purchased it from the Chevrolet dealer that was close to where my father lived. It was Crossroads Chevrolet in Simpsonville SC, about 90 minutes from where I live.

You know, my GM cars have taken good care of me! I have had excelllent service from every GM car that I have owned!

In the "boonies"

Due to advanced old age and CRS Syndrome, I don't recall if I have posted this picture previously.

If I didn't, here it is.

If I did, sue me.

ScarlettatSugarGrove1.jpg

Due to advanced old age and CRS Syndrome, I don't recall if I have posted this picture previously.

If I didn't, here it is.

If I did, sue me.

Cool shot: total conflict of era's! :willy_nilly: One thought is that XLR does not belong in that picture but the other though is that it totally does belong there: What a total conflict of era's and style! Everything 'back then' was big and round and soft looking but the XLR is all about angles and edges! I like the photo either way! :rocker:

A 3 wheeler

Here are my other sets of wheels...

IMG_20110922_185333.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Thinking about upgrading though. From this;

IMG_1263.jpg

to this;

newloglifter.jpg

Bob

From what I understand... these can get a tad unruly at times. :dunno::dunno:But, I'm sure you could learn how to run one with NO PROBLEMS at all...:rocker:

Good thing he has the big scoop bucket on that tractor to eh! :lol: ....and you thought you had to clean up after Nic!

My other...... Cadillac (also a test to see if I figured out how to upload pictures to this website)

Allante.jpg

Looks great. Good keeper. 100 years of Chevrolet now.

I'm not one to trade cars very often, and I probably still own half of the personal vehicles that I have ever bought. I decided to take advantage of the cooler weather Sunday to hand-wash my small truck.

It's a 1989 Chevrolet S-10 Cameo Tahoe. Chevrolet only built 37 Cameo Tahoes in 1989. Perhaps a picture would better illustrate what a Cameo is.

DSC00616.jpg

It was originally to be the platform for the 4.3 litre turbocharged engine that was put into the GMC Syclone, but GM decided to let GMC develop it rather than Chevrolet. Chevrolet decided to go ahead and produce the truck with the standard engines and call it Cameo, a name last used in 1955, 1956 and 1957.

DSC00615.jpg

My truck is completely stock with the exception of the tires and the addition of a Belltech lowering kit for the rear axle. The original tires were Goodyear Eagle GT, which are no longer produced. The current replacement for the Eagle GT is the Eagle GTII, which is what I installed when it was time for replacements.

DSC00617.jpg

The truck came equipped with every option available, including A/C, P/S, P/B, Tilt, Cruise, High-back buckets, V6, 5-speed, AM Stereo/FM Stereo/Cassette with EQ, Sunroof and many others.

One of the coolest options is the Digital Dash Cluster, shown below.

DSC00618.jpg

The reason the "Check Engine" light is on is that the engine was not running when the picture was taken. You might notice that the truck has only 43K miles on it, pretty low to be 22 years old (less than 2k per year).

Thanks for letting me share this with you.

mustang was flirting with my xlr

View attachment 2507notice the eye lashes on this mustang
The same parking lot i saw a black platinum xlr. So i stuck one of my newly made cards in the window. I have my cars pic with this website address on it. View attachment 2508this is a bad angle. but you can see the pic of my car. the xlr-net website and my email address. I had 50 made for $20at the ups store.

Link Issues

View attachment 2507notice the eye lashes on this mustang
The same parking lot i saw a black platinum xlr. So i stuck one of my newly made cards in the window. I have my cars pic with this website address on it. View attachment 2508this is a bad angle. but you can see the pic of my car. the xlr-net website and my email address. I had 50 made for $20at the ups store.

When I try to follow your links, I get this message:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Rob, please consider yourself notified. :chuckle

Tim

That's the kind of garage I need. A lift so mom can pull her srx in and I can store my xlr in the air. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most of my other toys are of the two-wheeled variety. These are my current bikes:

2005 Harley Road King Classic:
DSCN0016_zps6b31929e.jpg

2007 KTM 640 Adventure:
2007KTM640.jpg

2009 BMW K1300R:
IMG_0775_zps886d0369.jpg

Here are a couple of former bikes:

2010 Harley Crossbones:
DSCN0104_zpsf2a7d5f8.jpg

1999 Honda Valkyrie:
IMG_2410_zps8ee55a12.jpg

I've lost track of how many cars and trucks I've owned. Some where memorable, most not. The one that I replaced with my XLR was my 1991 AMG 500SL, it was a great ride but the maintenance was becoming a big issue as there were fewer and fewer mechanics who could (or would) work on it:
DSCN0010_zpsa87efe65.jpg

photo-1_zps0ff81681.jpg

and since we've seen some garage/shop photos in this thread, I thought I would share mine. My late 50's mid-century modern bungalow has a small single car garage, too small to be useful as a garage. I picked up some almost new uppers and lowers from a friend for free and used them for millwork and then added some slatboard and additional millwork. It was certainly cheap, but the downside is that my garage is often mistaken for a kitchen :dunno: LOL!

IMG_0600_zpsfa3e1987.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsa174c012.jpg

IMG_0599_zps1050b5a9.jpg

IMG_1002_zps80010689.jpg

and since we've seen some garage/shop photos in this thread, I thought I would share mine. My late 50's mid-century modern bungalow has a small single car garage, too small to be useful as a garage. I picked up some almost new uppers and lowers from a friend for free and used them for millwork and then added some slatboard and additional millwork. It was certainly cheap, but the downside is that my garage is often mistaken for a kitchen :dunno: LOL!

IMG_0599_zps1050b5a9.jpg

IMG_1002_zps80010689.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It certainly works just fine! Very neat & functional! What kind of flooring is that?

most of my other toys are of the two-wheeled variety. These are my current bikes:

2005 Harley Road King Classic:
DSCN0016_zps6b31929e.jpg

Where's this picture taken at? It reminds me of the light house in Newport, OR. I've been there many times, and have a lot bought in Newport.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom