Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

For Sale: 2009 Cadillac XLR Platinum – Black Cherry

Two-Tone Interior

I did a two-tone in my '06 V, before Cadillac decided to offer it. Here is a picture from the Artomobilia in Carmel, IN last year. My interoir was originally Shale, so I had the seats, door arm rest pads and center console and waterfall area changed to Ebony and left the Shale suede inserts. The actual two tone on a 2009 would be Ebony interior with Cashmere suede inserts in the seat center sections and the inner door panels.

2012-artomobilia-ScarlettV3.jpg

After 2004 or 2005 model year, (can't remember for sure) Cadillac made all the dash pads, roll bar hoops, top of doors and tonneau area ebony, regardless of the interior trim. Before that if you had the shale interior all the above listed items were in a darker tan color. If you had ebony interior, everything was ebony.

Well I am still as confused as ever when it comes to the base XLR's then. As I stated before, I thought mine was JUST Cashmere but I got my window sticker and it says Cashmere w/Ebony accents. Could it be that there is some error. I also have my build sheet and it too states ebony/cashmere! SO what does the two tone interior mean in the base XLR?!? :confused:

Attachments

• My build sheet.jpg
    My build sheet.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 502
  • My window sticker.jpg
    My window sticker.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 538
Well I am still as confused as ever when it comes to the base XLR's then. As I stated before, I thought mine was JUST Cashmere but I got my window sticker and it says Cashmere w/Ebony accents. Could it be that there is some error. I also have my build sheet and it too states ebony/cashmere! SO what does the two tone interior mean in the base XLR?!? :confused:

It looks to me like the 2009 sticker added the "with Ebony Accents" even though they all had ebony accents from 2006 on. The accents on my 2008 are the same as your 2009 but my sticker does not specify it. Just one of those things they did on the 2009s. Your interior code starts with 31 making it cashmere. If it were a two tone it would start with 21. As Cubby explained, the two tones are basically an Ebony interior with Cashmere door panels and middle seat panels. On a V series these panels are made from the suede like material alcantara.

Any other 2009 window stickers out there?

I wonder if there was an excess of the cashmere parts available and since it was the last model year......? Maybe not.

HTH

Sandy,

I here that a lot when trying to explain something to canucks.:laugh::chuckle:laugh:(Just a joke, not trying to offend my Canadian friends!!)

Perhaps this link will help explain it better for you. The center area shows the production #'s with exterior color and the three different interiors that were available for the 2009 model year.

Cadillac XLR Net | Tech Center | 2009 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Tech Center | 2009 Cadillac XLR Production

Well I am still as confused as ever ...............................................................:confused:

After 2004 or 2005 model year, (can't remember for sure) Cadillac made all the dash pads, roll bar hoops, top of doors and tonneau area ebony, regardless of the interior trim. Before that if you had the shale interior all the above listed items were in a darker tan color. If you had ebony interior, everything was ebony.

Confirming that 2005 models do not have ebony accents.

MVC-010F-3.jpg

This look exactly like my 05 interior too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

On my 05 does anyone know where i can find the paint code for what color she is?

On my 05 does anyone know where i can find the paint code for what color she is?

My interior on my 04 also has the tan. As for the paint code I gave my dealer the vin number so that he could get me a paint touch up bottle. FYI the paint won't match if not primered and cleared it will be a shade off.

My interior on my 04 also has the tan. As for the paint code I gave my dealer the vin number so that he could get me a paint touch up bottle. FYI the paint won't match if not primered and cleared it will be a shade off.

Thanks Stella
I noticed the registry ask for which of the 2 codes, but I had called NCM about purchasing the window sticker and Betty there said it was light tarnished silver which is not even one of the code colors mentioned. I did not think that was a paint color they used on XLR's
??CONFUSED??

Paint Code

Dan,

Your paint code is 67U, the two names they used for that color for '05 was, Light Tarnished Silver and Light Platinum. That was the only silver color used in '05, so it wouldn't be Satin Nickel (Shale) or Spiral Gray (Thunder Gray). The same color was also used in '06.

If you remove the lid in your trunk for the storage area at the right, all your production codes , interior color code and exterior paint code is listed on the back of that lid.

Thanks Stella
I noticed the registry ask for which of the 2 codes, but I had called NCM about purchasing the window sticker and Betty there said it was light tarnished silver which is not even one of the code colors mentioned. I did not think that was a paint color they used on XLR's
??CONFUSED??

Thanks Cuby, but Rob registry shows for 05 Light Platinum or Satin Nickel but I believe that was the same code with out looking not sure !

Dan,

I have seen your car, it is the Light Tarnished Silver. Satin Nickel is a different paint code--46U, which was only offered in 2004 and 2005. There have only been three different silver colors on the XLR's (not including gray)

Paint Code 46U--Satin Nickel (Shale) offered in 2004 & 2005
Paint Code 67U--Light Tarnished Silver (Light Platinum) offered in 2005, 2007, 2007 & 2008
Paint Code 17U--Blade Silver (Radiant Silver) offered in 2009

For reference there were two grays offered, Paint Code 88U-Spiral Gray (Thnder Gray) offered in 2004 and Paint Code 57U-Cyber Gray (Gray Flannel) offered in 2009.

Having seen both the Satin Nickel and Light Tarnished Silver in person, there is really no way to confuse them. your car is definitely the Light Tarnished Silver.

Thanks Cuby, but Rob registry shows for 05 Light Platinum or Satin Nickel but I believe that was the same code with out looking not sure !

Thanks again Cubby so that clears up what I was confused about and that is what they are calling Platinum is actually the Tarnish color! I also posted some dates about a 10 year Anniversary Event @ BG but very little response is there some place on forum here to post the Event to get the word out to more XLR Members/Owners? I don't think people will see that posting unless they were original in that post before!

Sandy,

I here that a lot when trying to explain something to canucks.:laugh::chuckle:laugh:(Just a joke, not trying to offend my Canadian friends!!)

Perhaps this link will help explain it better for you. The center area shows the production #'s with exterior color and the three different interiors that were available for the 2009 model year.

Cadillac XLR Net | Tech Center | 2009 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Tech Center | 2009 Cadillac XLR Production

Sorry Cubby, I did not see that reply before.....missed your sarcasm in a timely manner too! :D You know, to top it off I am female and blonde too, but I do have broad shoulders & can take anything you can dish out! :rolleyes:
Yes, I have seen that list but it still does not explain exactly what is ebony on a Cashmere and Ebony interior!

Figured you must have been traveling to not catch that one right away.:lol::lol:

To explain the two tone inferior, it basically would be an Ebony interior with the suede inserts in the seats and door panels in the Cashmere color.

Sorry Cubby, I did not see that reply before.....missed your sarcasm in a timely manner too! :D You know, to top it off I am female and blonde too, but I do have broad shoulders & can take anything you can dish out! :rolleyes:
Yes, I have seen that list but it still does not explain exactly what is ebony on a Cashmere and Ebony interior!

Figured you must have been traveling to not catch that one right away.:lol::lol:

To explain the two tone inferior, it basically would be an Ebony interior with the suede inserts in the seats and door panels in the Cashmere color.

But Oh - My 'Good things some in small packages' American Friend! . . . You are referring to a V interior as the suede is only on the V's: What about the base model XLR? That is what I have and am still confused about!
BTW: I sure hope you are giggling :laugh: and not fuming :mad: ....xoxoxoxoxo

The base would be the same panels, but not in the suede material. Yes I'm giggling:laugh::laugh:!!

But Oh - My 'Good things some in small packages' American Friend! . . . You are referring to a V interior as the suede is only on the V's: What about the base model XLR? That is what I have and am still confused about!
BTW: I sure hope you are giggling :laugh: and not fuming :mad: ....xoxoxoxoxo

The base would be the same panels, but not in the suede material. Yes I'm giggling:laugh::laugh:!!

Well then, if that is truly the case then my car is not what the build sheet says! :dunno:

Attachments

• DSCF9769s.jpg
    DSCF9769s.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 458
  • My window sticker.jpg
    My window sticker.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 511
  • My build sheet.jpg
    My build sheet.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 415
Well then, if that is truly the case then my car is not what the build sheet says! :dunno:

Accents are NOT what makes a two tone interior. Seat and door panels are what makes a two tone interior. The build code is different than what your build sheet shows for a two tone interior. All cars made from 2006 on have ebony accents.

Cubby's interior

Cubby your 2 tone interior looks terrific. I am looking for an upgrade of my base 06 to a real V - mine is a poser currently. The interior I prefer is ebony but most for sale in infrared are not. I would be willing to change the interior but what you have done to make it 2 tone could work for me. how did you go about the change and was it costly?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom