Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

For Sale: 2009 Cadillac XLR Platinum – Black Cherry

Well then, if that is truly the case then my car is not what the build sheet says! :dunno:

nice but what are you doing with my car :lol:? Did you reupholster your seats? they look brand new?

Well then, if that is truly the case then my car is not what the build sheet says! :dunno:

I also would like to get the build sheet on mine. But i think they cost $$$ right? Like window sticker and build sheet combined are around $100, Right? :dunno:

I also would like to get the build sheet on mine. But i think they cost $$$ right? Like window sticker and build sheet combined are around $100, Right? :dunno:

Guy Pm me ur email address if interested? I will send u the form that NCM sent me! It is cheaper if your a member but its $50 a yrs membership! So unless you benefit from being a member don't think it worth it, although if u join you can get 4"x8" Brick at discount to to have placed with ours around the big 24"x24" one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

I actually have a friend in the car upholstry business, so it wasn't real expensive to do. Just find a reputable upholsrty business and take the items to them. I pulled the seats and door panels in the middle of winter, (car was in storage) and dropped them off the the shop. After I had them back, I realized it would look better with the center console and waterfall area between the seats in ebony as well. Removed the center console and had them do that as well. The waterfall area, I just ordered Ebony parts from gmpartdirect.com to finish off the project. You should be able to get eveything done that I did for under $1500.00.

Cubby your 2 tone interior looks terrific. I am looking for an upgrade of my base 06 to a real V - mine is a poser currently. The interior I prefer is ebony but most for sale in infrared are not. I would be willing to change the interior but what you have done to make it 2 tone could work for me. how did you go about the change and was it costly?

Ok I will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey grand it says a system message that I can't pm u. You have that feature blocked

2009 XLR Platinum Edition

Red Noland Cadillac, Colorado Springs currently has a 2009 XLR Platinum Edition in Black Cherry with only 6,000 Miles for $56,500.00. The interior is Black with light wood. You can find it online.

I would like it. But I can only afford 1 right now.

Accents are NOT what makes a two tone interior. Seat and door panels are what makes a two tone interior. The build code is different than what your build sheet shows for a two tone interior. All cars made from 2006 on have ebony accents.

Ok, so the wording on the window sticker is misleading to me. I suppose it would say "Two-Tone" clearly then! I guess I need to get my listing in the registery changed then, as after I received the window sticker I submitted my car info, minus the current mileage as I am not home yet! Thanks for clearing that up Fred!

Accents are NOT what makes a two tone interior. Seat and door panels are what makes a two tone interior. The build code is different than what your build sheet shows for a two tone interior. All cars made from 2006 on have ebony accents.

OK, I'm confused by all of this.

What is the difference between a 2008 XLR with a window sticker that shows "Cashmere" for the interior, and a 2008 XLR with a window sticker that shows "Cashmere with Ebony Accents"??

What are the "ebony accents"?

For the record, any XLR in the Registry that is listed as Cashmere with Ebony Accents is listed that way because that's what the window sticker indicates. In my design and development of the Registry I tried to use the window stickers as the definitive piece of documentation.

From 2006 through 2009 all XLR dash pads, rollbar hoops, top of door trim and tonneau area were Ebony. Other Ebony accents would include Ebony sunshade visors, ebony roof liner. I believe if they were cashmere interior, the visors were also cashmere along with the roof liner.

What is the difference between a 2008 XLR with a window sticker that shows "Cashmere" for the interior, and a 2008 XLR with a window sticker that shows "Cashmere with Ebony Accents"??

For the record, any XLR in the Registry that is listed as Cashmere with Ebony Accents is listed that way because that's what the window sticker indicates. In my design and development of the Registry I tried to use the window stickers as the definitive piece of documentation.

Ok, but again: what dictates if a window sticker shows Cashmere vs. Cashmere with Ebony Accents?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, but again: what dictates if a window sticker shows Cashmere vs. Cashmere with Ebony Accents?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

While I don't know this as fact, and would like to see other stickers to prove it, I think the "Cashmere with Ebony Accents" happened in 2009 only and is not anything physically different than 2006-2008 models with a cashmere interior. Only verbiage on the sticker.

Does this appear on other 2009 stickers?

Does this ever appear on pre-2009 stickers?

Have you seen a 2008 sticker that has "....Ebony Accents"?

From 2006 through 2009 all XLR dash pads, rollbar hoops, top of door trim and tonneau area were Ebony. Other Ebony accents would include Ebony sunshade visors, ebony roof liner. I believe if they were cashmere interior, the visors were also cashmere along with the roof liner.

My 2008 V has black (Ebony) visors and roof liner with a cashmere interior. FWIW, my sticker makes no mention of Ebony Accents.

What we need to find is someone with a 2009 Base model XLR (NON V) that has two tone interior and to see their build sheet!

One question I have is what is the source of information for the cars listed in the registry? There is one '08 V listed with the Ebony Accent on the sticker, but the owner also claims it is a Limited Edition which makes me wonder if is just how it is described by the owner and what actually appears on the sticker.

After a little more research I think maybe the Platinum Editions had a Cashmere liner.??

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom