Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The future of Rendezvous

jamsto

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black Cherry Platinum
For all of those who attended Rendezvous II and Rendezvous III, I want to thank them for attending because I don't think that that type of event will happen again in the near future.

With the current situation at GM, I don't think that Cadillac will be in a position to be involved in such an activity in the near future. I don't see that they would have the available funding to support the transporting of vehicles to BG, renting the country club and providing food and beverage for the all the attendees as well as the expense accounts for the XLR team to spend the time in BG.

I believe that future events will be like what the Professor is doing in San Antonio next year and other regional events that are being put on.

I hope that forum members are able to attend these events to keep the get togethers an on-going thing. I don't think that we will be able to do a RIII type event at BG at anytime in the near future.

We were lucky .... twice .... and we had a great time. And Cadillac was very generous to us.

BUT...... the first Rendezvous was about the car and the forum members .... and it wasn't the Cadillac participation that drew us back to R2 & 3 ..... It was all of you ....... We knew when R4 was being planned that Cadillac was not going to be a part of it .... didn't matter .... we were going to meet up with our forum friends again :love: .... you all are what counts .... without YOUR participation there would be no Rendezvous at all .... now that would be sad.

We were lucky .... twice .... and we had a great time. And Cadillac was very generous to us.

BUT...... the first Rendezvous was about the car and the forum members .... and it wasn't the Cadillac participation that drew us back to R2 & 3 ..... It was all of you ....... We knew when R4 was being planned that Cadillac was not going to be a part of it .... didn't matter .... we were going to meet up with our forum friends again :love: .... you all are what counts .... without YOUR participation there would be no Rendezvous at all .... now that would be sad.

You do have away with words Madam. Ditto.;)

Ruthie and the old gang.
I realize that these are tough times and I feel fortunate that this has done nothing to me except knock my equity for a loop, but I'm still on the green side of the ledger. Luckily not in the stock market.
Just laying this out there, but what if we people that are keeping this Rendezvous RIVerwalk going, donate enough to help the professor and maybe come up with enough to support a nice dinner at one of the hotels.
Professor would know best about cost. I'm just guessing maybe a hundred dollars a person or car for those that would like to attend a function like this.
Professor: You can't be totally responsible for putting on this show as much as I know you love to do this kind of thing.
A little money from everyone would make this a great event to have a quality dinner and a few people to speak on behalf of Jim and Jean who probably can't be there. Maybe Hooters:laugh::laugh::laugh:
How about some ideas?

Marcus. I should have known you would agree with that one, so where is his Cubbiness on this one? Little woman would kick his butt all the way back home.
I'm with you Standby for Hooters. We could get a lot of wings for that money. No Ruth Ann not that kind of wings.:(

Marcus. I should have known you would agree with that one, so where is his Cubbiness on this one? Little woman would kick his butt all the way back home.
No I wouldn't I like Hooters. They do have good wings. :rocker:

Ruth Ann is right on point. I was lucky enough to be at Rendezvous I. It is about the people and the cars.

Now we just need Hans to tell us where he is going to be this August so we can terroize the town. :laugh:

Perhaps the XLR Boutique will step up and sponsor the next meet. :dunno:

If they are not willing/able to do so - - - - :blinzel: - - the Swaim Boutique will !!!! :love: :love:

We will clean / cook / serve / liquor up / sober up any and all willing to drive to scenic and historical Chowchilla, CA. !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave::wave: :wave: :wave:

WOW, did you all notice MSwaim went shopping and got a total new look, must be his winter outfit.:dunno: . Now he spent all his money so I guess we won't be able to go back to his house plus you know Standby has his Key and Botique Finger Key Chain. My oh My what to do.??????? First Robin. Just returned from a great dinner at Little Saigon in Hillcrest. What wonderful food.:wave:

If they are not willing/able to do so - - - - :blinzel: - - the Swaim Boutique will !!!! :love: :love:

We will clean / cook / serve / liquor up / sober up any and all willing to drive to scenic and historical Chowchilla, CA. !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave::wave: :wave: :wave:

Hmmm, your turn, mswaim .... :cool: Time for you to put some real miles on that Passion Red ... you've got 6 mos to plan on going to SA :blinzel: :rocker: PD did a great job of herding us into the great city of Chowchilla .... now it's time to let her drive more than 10 miles. :reddevil

Love the new look Mswaim. New home new look. :chuckle:chuckle I do hope we can some how keep the once a year trip together. Just need to figure out how to do it. Thanks to the professor for planning this one. Who wants to plan the next one? :dunno:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat again? Do you serve kidney stones by chance? Love the avitar hellish boy.

Take the reins Marion, but we Westerners don't do the Mississippi, There good stuff to be seen around the rockies or northwest.
Love the new look Mswaim. New home new look. :chuckle:chuckle I do hope we can some how keep the once a year trip together. Just need to figure out how to do it. Thanks to the professor for planning this one. Who wants to plan the next one? :dunno:

I do hope we can some how keep the once a year trip together. Just need to figure out how to do it. Thanks to the professor for planning this one. Who wants to plan the next one? :dunno:[/quote]

Let's see if we survive the San Antonio trip first! :)

Kathy

Take the reins Marion, but we Westerners don't do the Mississippi, There good stuff to be seen around the rockies or northwest.

How would you feel about Tennessee?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back