Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Heres another one

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
One of my tire pressure sensors is reading 0. Ironically it dosn't tell me in the DIC that it's low, I think it's supposed to. I just see it if I scroll to the tire pressure front 2 are 31 lr 26 rr 0. So I figured I would go out to the garage and check/add rear tire air pressure. Both chrome caps were stuck. I got a 1/4 drive ratchet with a deepwell socket and got the right one off finally, it was crossthreaded on and it stripped out but came off. Left rear was also real tight so I got the ratchet and gently tried to loosen it. It wouldnt budge. Finally a pop and air hissing out. The stupid thing broke off. So off with the tire and to the tire shop tomorrow. Why couldnt it have been the right that needed to be replaced anyway. Cadillac tech, Any idea why it wouldn't tell me tire pressure was low when I drive. Dave

I got the valve stem replaced today. $85. He called me an said I need a new tire. It had a nail in it and a bulge in the sidewall. I think I will just get all new tires and start out fresh. The also tried toprogram the new sensor and found I had two more that were bad. I guess I'll order 2 from gm parts direct before they change the tires. The name monepit came from a boat we owned 15 years ago but It look's like it will be transferred soon. Dave

Familiar with the term. "a boat is a hole in the water that you keep throwing money into." In car language it would be "a car is a pot hole that you keep throwing money into." I'm thankful that I have the money to do it.
I got the valve stem replaced today. $85. He called me an said I need a new tire. It had a nail in it and a bulge in the sidewall. I think I will just get all new tires and start out fresh. The also tried toprogram the new sensor and found I had two more that were bad. I guess I'll order 2 from gm parts direct before they change the tires. The name monepit came from a boat we owned 15 years ago but It look's like it will be transferred soon. Dave

I had the rr valve stem replaced. They used there machine to register it to the system. They were able to get the 2 left stems to show up on the machine but the right 2 would not register. so I guess I need 2 more before they install tires. What baffles me is the left rear they replaced is still saying it's 26 psi. as it did before. I checked it and it's at 32. the RR still says 0 and I get no message of low pressure. Could someone have turned off the tire pressure monitor at one time because he didnt want to replace a bad sensor?

That may not be impossible, but generally the car will ignore a sensor if it detects a problem (and give you a 0 pressure reading). I had a similar issue when replacing the sensors when I bought new wheels. You also may need to drive the car a mile or 2 after inflating to register teh change.

PS You should be able to reprogram the sensors yourself if you have a decent magnet. The procedure to tell the car to learn them is simple (Put the car in ACC mode then hold 2 bottons on the remote); then you hold the magnet over each valve stem (starting with the drivers side front). I can't remember the procedure right now - I can post it later after I get home.

Familiar with the term. "a boat is a hole in the water that you keep throwing money into." In car language it would be "a car is a pot hole that you keep throwing money into." I'm thankful that I have the money to do it.

Just for your information 2004 & 2005 XLRS have different sensors then '06-newer. If you check gmpartdirect.com; it will not come up with the correct # . I have the correct part # at home--I'll post it when I get home. That could be some of your problem right now--wrong sensors used.

I went to a local tire shop that knew what they were doing. They reprogramed the sensors and all are working well. It is going in tomorrow for some new tires. It needs to be ready for the trip to florida tuesday.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom