Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Big 3 Not the only Ones...

And it is not going to better anytime soon. Interesting times we live in.

As I have been saying all along, its not just the big 3, and its not just the Auto Industry, its across the board. At our Toyota Store, we have watched the last several months, as sales and service continued to decline. But, what really broke my heart today, I called my Cadillac service writer, and he is no longer there. I talked with Gary, the service manager, and they let him go, business was just too slow. They are now down to one service writer. I was trying to find out when the rubber moldings for PD would be in. I guess GM has a new area tech, who wants to see the car before they make the final decision. His comment to Gary was that we are using the wrong products on the car, and we have damaged the rubber, how stupid is that???? Did someone post that GM has a bulletin on the moldings?? HELP!!!!:pat::pat:

I called this morning; no bulletins specific to the XLR and the problem we are experiencing.

I want to make sure I'm there for that inspection, considering the moldings have never been treated with anything but soap and water and are less than two years old.

Since this is the third time the car had been in for a top re-painting plus a front end issue that took a half-dozen tries to fix AND it is the same dealer who ate the last XLR............. :dunno: I'm beginning to smell Lemons, and it ain't my Bacardi Limon cocktail............

And they wonder why their business is down and their techs and service writers are warming chairs at the unemployment line. At some point you would think the dealership who has sold us three cars in as many years would tell the area tech to pack up his tool box and go home, they will replace them with or without factory support. I know Doris called the owner last week, however he did not seem to concerned about his shops inability to meet our needs.

I truly feel this industry slowdown is a good time for customers to send a clear message to the dealers who treated them well in good times by throwing support to them and only them. The rest need to fail, starting with Courtesy Cadillac in Merced, CA.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! sure do fill out that coat well. Two lemons on one tree, that sure is strange.
Lemon tree, very pretty, la da la da!
Bad man using soap and water on car...Bad!
Anyone see that waitress I was out with last night?
I called this morning; no bulletins specific to the XLR and the problem we are experiencing.

I want to make sure I'm there for that inspection, considering the moldings have never been treated with anything but soap and water and are less than two years old.

Since this is the third time the car had been in for a top re-painting plus a front end issue that took a half-dozen tries to fix AND it is the same dealer who ate the last XLR............. :dunno: I'm beginning to smell Lemons, and it ain't my Bacardi Limon cocktail............

And they wonder why their business is down and their techs and service writers are warming chairs at the unemployment line. At some point you would think the dealership who has sold us three cars in as many years would tell the area tech to pack up his tool box and go home, they will replace them with or without factory support. I know Doris called the owner last week, however he did not seem to concerned about his shops inability to meet our needs.

I truly feel this industry slowdown is a good time for customers to send a clear message to the dealers who treated them well in good times by throwing support to them and only them. The rest need to fail, starting with Courtesy Cadillac in Merced, CA.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom