Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 replacement key fobs

fob

No but headed out on trip so I had time constraints. Thanks next time I have a problem rest assures that I will come to the forum before going to the dealership. Thanks again. Gary

Someone here is not paying attention to us. We can find lots of fobs for 2005 to 2009 but none & I mean none for a 2004. If someone out there has an outlet for the 2004 fob please reply & do not tell us 2004 owners you found one at dealer or GM parts.

David J.

Someone here is not paying attention to us. We can find lots of fobs for 2005 to 2009 but none & I mean none for a 2004. If someone out there has an outlet for the 2004 fob please reply & do not tell us 2004 owners you found one at dealer or GM parts.

David J.

Have you contacted Cadillac Customer Service about the problem?

I know were in different parts of the country. But do you guys have a on site mobile locksmith. I see vans driving around my area all the time advertising lost key fobs make on site any make any model. I would think it's just finding the frequency it communicates but I don't know? Worth a shot. What happens to the fob it just stops working? I've repaired two on my acura that when opened I saw one of the solder connections had broke worked fine every since:dunno:

I know were in different parts of the country. But do you guys have a on site mobile locksmith. I see vans driving around my area all the time advertising lost key fobs make on site any make any model. I would think it's just finding the frequency it communicates but I don't know? Worth a shot. What happens to the fob it just stops working? I've repaired two on my acura that when opened I saw one of the solder connections had broke worked fine every since:dunno:

there is an FCC # on the back of the fob - very likely is the frequency number.

I tried the locksmith route a few weeks ago. He's the guy who informed me that these are impossible to duplicate and replace for the 2004. He even contacted A few GM parts suppliers.

What a shame Cadillac doesn't support a flagship vehicle that was still in production only six years ago.

I tried the locksmith route a few weeks ago. He's the guy who informed me that these are impossible to duplicate and replace for the 2004. He even contacted A few GM parts suppliers.

What a shame Cadillac doesn't support a flagship vehicle that was still in production only six years ago.

Again I ask, Have you contacted Cadillac Customer Service about the problem?

Most today don't want to take the initiative to try and rectify their problem, they are looking for someone else to do it for them; or they want to sue someone for their problem.

Again I ask, Have you contacted Cadillac Customer Service about the problem?

Most today don't want to take the initiative to try and rectify their problem, they are looking for someone else to do it for them; or they want to sue someone for their problem.

You are 100% right cubby! It's a sad state we've "progressed" into!

Very true and what a shame. No wonder why this country is falling apart "pure laziness". Our grandfathers would be shaking their heads in disappointment!:(

Very true and what a shame. No wonder why this country is falling apart "pure laziness". Our grandfathers would be shaking their heads in disappointment!:(

You are so right Stella - and sadly - it is our generation that has allowed it to happen! WE TOO SHOULD BE ASHAMED. :reddevil

So just a update on the key fob situation. I called one of those mobile key service vans that I see driving around. He said that he can make the keys and program fobs for any make or model. I told him the problem with the 04&05 models. He said all he needs is the car in his shop. Now will he run into trouble once there? But he did state for a second time that he can do any make or model? Luckily both of my fobs are working but I would give it a try. Can't see it being that hard this day and age:dunno: worth a shot in my eyes

I was looking for a #2 fob tonight and ran across this. Don't know anymore about it other than it says 2004 fob available

http://www.autotransponder.com/2004_cadillac_xlr_keys_and_keyless_entry_remotes

I was looking for a #2 fob tonight and ran across this. Don't know anymore about it other than it says 2004 fob available

http://www.autotransponder.com/2004_cadillac_xlr_keys_and_keyless_entry_remotes

I went to gmpartsgiant.com, input my VIN number and typed in the part number. It says not compatible with my '04. Typed part number 15212512, listed on the site, and it lists it as a transmitter for 2005 XLR. Good try, I was hoping it was the case, but doesn't appear to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I also spoke to a guy I bring my starters and alternators to for rebuilding for work. Found out that he also ales smart keys and fobs. He wanted me to ask what's going wrong with the bad fobs. He says theirs two operations of the fob. Start the car/ and open,lock the car. He also stated as the random key guy I talked to did. That bring the car here and he'd be able to do it. He said he needs the vin,and he plugs in special equipment that needs monthly subscriptions which scan,clears,programs the fobs. I spent two hour talking to him on the subject. He also said that theirs worse manufacturers out there. Says VW and Mercedes are the worst:dunno:but he was confident that he had the ability to do the fobs. Great thing for me was he has a tech2 and said come by any time if need and he'll show me how to run it. :thumbsup
So back to the question what goes wrong with the fobs no entry or no start?

So can anyone answer what goes wrong with the key fob. Lost, or doesn't open car,disarm,or doesn't start car?

Stella
I think this all started out with the guy only had one key fob thatwentwith the car. Then they found out only 04 has a different fob. That lead to there are none available . I'm thinking he is worried and would like a back up. If I'm wrong with my statements I just didn't read it right.
V Happy

It all started with a guy with an 04 who hasn't visited this thread since originally posting in May 2015 and is showing just one post across the forum

It all started with a guy with an 04 who hasn't visited this thread since originally posting in May 2015 and is showing just one post across the forum

Yes, it was started by a guy with an 04 who hasn't visited since May of 2015. BUT, it was perpetuated by a few other 2004 owners who also have had trouble finding the 2004 exclusive (and unavailable) fobs.

It took me six months, but I finally found an AC-Delco #10347463 (exclusive fob for 2004 XLR) on AMAZON of all places. It was a 4 month back order once once I found it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom